Lego Army

Ratty2austinRatty2austin Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited February 14, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I took this shot at the BricCon08 event at the Seattle Center in October last year...

It has been posted in my Smugmug gallery amongst the other photos from that day there at the Lego convention... I did not link it to any communities, and I dont remember adding any search keywords... but somehow, I received about 7 comments on this photo today??? :scratch not that it's a bad thing to get comments, but It just makes me wonder how that photo got around so quickly?? :dunno :wink

anyway, made me think.. I should post it up here, since it is so popular with my mystery friends, and share it with you all!

Nothing special about my photo- It was handheld with my 40D with the 17-85 f4-5.6 IS, no flash...

386556603_2bWtb-M-1.jpg

My attention immediately draws to the smiling guy at the focal point...

the Lego's were not mine- nor did I set them up- this was the Brick Arms display, selling custom Lego military and movie minifigures!

C/C welcome! thanks for looking :D

yes, I do have legos at home.... they are not just for kids! :deal

Comments

• CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    This photo just makes me smile! It's awesome! thumb.gif

I spent a good many Saturdays watching cartoons and playing with my Legos so maybe it's a touch of nostalgia that makes me so happy, but you did a great job capturing this. My only argument is that my eye gets drawn to the guy in front of the smiling one. He seems to be the only one with sunglasses on... could be he just had a little too much of the "happy smoke" rolleyes1.gif

You have now inspired me to search Craiglist for Legos!!!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    Looks to be a special photo to me. I'd say well done. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    I took this shot at the BricCon08 event at the Seattle Center in October last year...

It has been posted in my Smugmug gallery amongst the other photos from that day there at the Lego convention... I did not link it to any communities, and I dont remember adding any search keywords... but somehow, I received about 7 comments on this photo today??? headscratch.gif not that it's a bad thing to get comments, but It just makes me wonder how that photo got around so quickly?? ne_nau.gifmwink.gif

anyway, made me think.. I should post it up here, since it is so popular with my mystery friends, and share it with you all!

Nothing special about my photo- It was handheld with my 40D with the 17-85 f4-5.6 IS, no flash...

My attention immediately draws to the smiling guy at the focal point...

the Lego's were not mine- nor did I set them up- this was the Brick Arms display, selling custom Lego military and movie minifigures!

C/C welcome! thanks for looking :D

yes, I do have legos at home.... they are not just for kids! deal.gif

It's a great shot, boy they lined them up pretty darn straight.
    Ahhhhh and I notice that they have different expressions on their faces,
    and some have darker faces .... and I also noticed they have different emblems (weapons I think) on their bodies.

Well done, I can see why its been passed around clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin