latest favorite portrait

canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited May 24, 2005 in People
I took this one this weekend. I must say that I find taking pictures of guys wholly uninspiring. But this guy was a challenge. Ended up that he had lots of character and i think I captured some of it.

I particularly like who crisp the eyes are in this shot. And again, I am a huge fan of negative space.

Opinions Please...

Thanks,

Kirk

Ohh, and I finally got around to creating my smugmug custom header. I have lots more coding to do, but check it out. http://peart.smugmug.com

22811850-M.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    canonguy wrote:
    I took this one this weekend. I must say that I find taking pictures of guys wholly uninspiring. But this guy was a challenge. Ended up that he had lots of character and i think I captured some of it.

I particularly like who crisp the eyes are in this shot. And again, I am a huge fan of negative space.

Opinions Please...

Thanks,

Kirk

Ohh, and I finally got around to creating my smugmug custom header. I have lots more coding to do, but check it out. http://peart.smugmug.com
    congratulations! I think this is a wonderful shot!clap.gifclap.gif beautiful eyes. I would also love to see this guy taken at different angles.. how can you go wrong? also really liked your header.. different and interesting.
  • Under.GraceUnder.Grace Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 24, 2005
    Just a question about the workflow- did you use a contrast mask? And sharpen the eyes? Shoot in Raw or hard JPEG?

GREAT skin tone, by the way. I love it.

Michelle Grace
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    I can see the personality. I "know" him, or feel I do. The eyes are wonderful

I, too, would like to see "different" shots of him. Particularly with him sitting up straight.............to take away some of the candid feel. I know, you might lose the personality, but you could get it back if you joke with him and take photos for an hour with him in the same place.........or longer.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Just a question about the workflow- did you use a contrast mask? And sharpen the eyes? Shoot in Raw or hard JPEG?

GREAT skin tone, by the way. I love it.

Michelle Grace
    Not much post processing here. I always shoot RAW. All I did was bump the saturation a bit. I used a 50mm f1.8 set at f1.8 I think. So this is a total Wysiwyg shot.

This guy, Anthony, had perfectly smooth skin.
    edited May 24, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    congratulations! I think this is a wonderful shot!clap.gifclap.gif beautiful eyes. I would also love to see this guy taken at different angles.. how can you go wrong? also really liked your header.. different and interesting.
    Thanks for the codos on the pic and the header. The header came from a shoot with another model. She had great eyes and I knew I was going to have to capture them for my own use.

This model, Anthony, had a broken tooth which he was very self concious about. So, from the pics you see in my gallery, you'll never see him smile.
    edited May 24, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I can see the personality. I "know" him, or feel I do. The eyes are wonderful

I, too, would like to see "different" shots of him. Particularly with him sitting up straight.............to take away some of the candid feel. I know, you might lose the personality, but you could get it back if you joke with him and take photos for an hour with him in the same place.........or longer.

g
    An hour in the same place. I probably have add because I wouldn't have the patience for that shoot. I keep my shoots to 2 hours max and I am always changing things up and moving things around. I was actually working with two models this day, so it was definitely a dynamic shoot.