Options

Recommendations for Houston photo opps??

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
edited February 16, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
I will be in Houston, TX during the period March 2-6, staying at the InterContinental (W Loop South).

I would appreciate any local intel regarding potential photographic opportunities in and/or around this area.

Limitations...I will only be able to get out and shoot after 17:00, or early in the morning, prior to 8:30 and I will not have a car, which unfortunately limits my mobility.

Thus, any suggestions will be appreciated, however I will have to work within these limitations for practical reasons.

In advance, thanks to all who reply with suggestions of photo opps in Houston proper.

Comments

• Options
    ranroranro Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2009
    Kinda hard without a car...
    Having lived in Houston most of my life, I can tell you that it is difficult to get around without a car. That being said, there are some good sights at nighttime around the Galleria area. Check out the Williams Tower Waterwall. It has a very distinct look at night--you'll usually see people taking wedding and prom pictures at dusk.

If you do decide to venture out, the best pictures of the Houston skyline are along either Allen Parkway or Memorial Parkway just west of downtown. The Mecom Fountain at Main and Montrose is also nice at night. Here's a pic I shot from my hotel room--it doesn't really do it justice:

283701725_gw5VA-L-1.jpg

Hope that helps...let me know if you have any other questions or interests.

Ronnie
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Thanks!!
    Thanks Ronnie!!

I'll check these out.