Workers

Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited February 14, 2009 in People
Taken in the Sydney city centre

Not true classic street photography, as these were taken with the long end of my Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS, but this is one of the approaches I like to take when photographing in the street.

389514962_K6WC6-L-1.jpg

389520279_GvkSx-L-2.jpg

389520720_XQXNt-L-1.jpg

438691821_ZeSnd-L-1.jpg

Comments

• NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    #1 has great color, but I don't quite get what it's telling me. The guys looking t the same thing helps, but if the guys were looking at the signs or the signs were less prominent or something. (Of course, the signs are parts of what I liked in the image!)

#2: did you try this as a vertical shot? Again, the colors are cool and the small square pattern is nightly repeating (between the tiles and the fence), but htere's a lot of stuff going on there that doesn't seem to add too much to the image.

I really liked #3; the dial a dump text really sets off from the usual shot and adds to this one.

On #4, I would have liked to see his face more (like if you'd ducked down a couple of feet) though I'm not sure if he would have appreciated that.... Him being set against the flower background is nice, too.

Good job!clap.gif
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.