2 for DSS#19

Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
edited February 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I can't believe how hard it is to come up with any ideas for the "contrived" side of this theme, or maybe I'm just slow :D:D

Anywho, here's a couple that I managed to come up with.

The 1st is called "Contrived color - Exposed"
473485582_oqhmx-M-1.jpg

and the second is called "The Root of contrived color"
473485006_DvFcx-M.jpg

So, what do you all think, are they any good? Do they fit the theme? And which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance for looking,

Tim

Comments

• travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    I cannot tell how the photos fit the theme, but I really like the second one.

- I personally think it's a very good photo, capture and composition
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    I like the 2nd one too - composition works better. Cute idea thumb.gif

But are you sure you're not still working on #17??!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    I cannot tell how the photos fit the theme, but I really like the second one.

- I personally think it's a very good photo, capture and composition

Oo-er!! I guess that I've missed the point then.

I was trying to come at the challenge from the "contrived" view, presenting something that is fake, ie covered up, and thought of dyed hair. My wife was about to re-do her roots and I thought it might fit the "contrived" theme. Hence the two pics of the natural blond roots showing through and then the bottle of hair-dye being used.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and for giving me a fresh perspective on it.

Tim
    edited February 15, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I like the 2nd one too - composition works better. Cute idea thumb.gif

But are you sure you're not still working on #17??!! rolleyes1.gif

Yea, that's just occured to me too. :D:D

I have to say that I'm finding that this challenge is really hard to get ideas from, the last 2 chalenges that I've entered I found ideas came within a couple of days. But I think on this one I'll be using most of the 2 weeks to try and get an idea brought forward.

I'm not complaining, I think it's great to try and stretch that lonely brain cell of mine to try new things.

Tim
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    #1 for me, although I like the composition of #2 and it tells the story more clearly. I suspect for many #1 is not obvious enough.

My problem with #2 is the bright glove in the foreground. It pulls the eye away from the part - and thus the subject of the photo. I think that cloning it out would be difficult unless you are very, very good at it.

Bottom line is that I think you should keep trying. You have already had a creative take on the theme and I'll bet you come up with something wonderful.

Email
    edited February 15, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    #1 for me, although I like the composition of #2 and it tells the story more clearly. I suspect for many #1 is not obvious enough.

My problem with #2 is the bright glove in the foreground. It pulls the eye away from the part - and thus the subject of the photo. I think that cloning it out would be difficult unless you are very, very good at it.

Bottom line is that I think you should keep trying. You have already had a creative take on the theme and I'll bet you come up with something wonderful.

Thanks for the comments.

I just gave a try to cloning out the glove, but I dont know if I've got the skill/abilities.

Here's what I came up with...

474096189_LS7vM-M.jpg

Tim
    edited February 16, 2009
    Ok, so looking at that cloning I'm kinda cringing. I tried again, what do you think of this version?

475050927_NGziy-M.jpg

I'm still not altogether happy with it, I'd love to re-shoot but I dont think my beloved's roots will be showing through in time!!!! :D:D

Tim
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    I definitely like the clone job in the second one the best. Just not sure overall with the picture for this caliber of a challenge. Although I do like the idea of it, and it is a great shot. I've just seen you day a lot better work I think. You got it in ya, just keep diggin.
    edited February 17, 2009
    I definitely like the clone job in the second one the best. Just not sure overall with the picture for this caliber of a challenge. Although I do like the idea of it, and it is a great shot. I've just seen you day a lot better work I think. You got it in ya, just keep diggin.

Yea, I think you're right, the cloning isn't up to the standard for a challenge. I've spent enough time and thought on this one, I think it's time to move on to developing another idea. Still, at least I've got this one to fall back on if the lonely brain cell fails to come up with an alternative:D:D

Tim