Options

Plug in for CS4

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited February 15, 2009 in Finishing School
I have now gone onto CS4 and I see the ACR is 5.0 I have downloaded the latest download 5.2 on the updates and also on the Adobe website but after I put the plugin to CS4 in Program Files it still returns to 5.0. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what is the remedy? Or does it not matter?
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Try letting the Adobe Updater handle that job for you.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Try letting the Adobe Updater handle that job for you.

After I have clicked on updates it goes through them and I have seen the 5.2 update clear and when I return to the ACR on CS4 it is still the same 5.0
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Did you get any error messages?
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Did you get any error messages?

Hi there Pyry I never received any error message and at the completion I though everythith was OK as I have done this many times before with CS3.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    I have now gone onto CS4 and I see the ACR is 5.0 I have downloaded the latest download 5.2 on the updates and also on the Adobe website but after I put the plugin to CS4 in Program Files it still returns to 5.0. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what is the remedy? Or does it not matter?
    Regards
    Bob
    The Camera Raw plugin should be located in ...

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS4\File Formats

... assuming you are on a PC. Plus there must only be one instance of Camera Raw.8bi in that folder.

My Copy of Photoshop reports the latest version of the plugin under the help|plugins|camera raw

It might be useful to do a search for any other instances of camera raw.8bi and clear them out.

Anthony.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2009
    Anthony wrote:
    The Camera Raw plugin should be located in ...

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS4\File Formats

... assuming you are on a PC. Plus there must only be one instance of Camera Raw.8bi in that folder.

My Copy of Photoshop reports the latest version of the plugin under the help|plugins|camera raw

It might be useful to do a search for any other instances of camera raw.8bi and clear them out.

Anthony.

Yes Anthony I have tried again that download of 5.2 and copied and pasted the plugin into the CS4 file in Program Files and it still comes back as 5.0
    You have always kept me up to date with the ACR version for CS3 which I truly appreciate.
    Regards
    Bob