First Night Shoot

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited February 15, 2009 in People
I shot these for practice. This is an old friend who is a local musician. We have a lot of those in Austin!

1.473698397_n95PZ-XL.jpg

2.472768525_kgXbL-XL-1.jpg

3.473585194_wu58S-XL.jpg

4.472773269_5JhzN-XL.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Very nice!! I like the first one best. I can make up a story just looking at it.

Virginia

Email
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Very nice! I love the lighting on her. What light set-up did you use?
  • Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    A very good series. I particularly like the first one for its mood. You have that contemplative look on your subject's face and the city lights in the background. This goes together so well.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Very nice! I love the lighting on her. What light set-up did you use?

Oh my God it was a nightmare! Is that a technical description of a lighting setup?

I had my sb600 off camera on with the Fong lightsphere. But it was being very temperamental, so after a while I just had to use my on board flash. I was struggling so much with the lighting that I didn't direct her at all in the posing.

That first shot was one of my favorites, too. We actually came away with a nice batch of keepers, but it was tough.

Caroline
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Very nice, I love the first one.

peace, gail
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    Caroline, these are great! It may not have been how you imagined taking them, but you seem to be the absolute best at getting great shots "despite" equipment/problems.

#1 is my favorite too, with #2 not far behind. Love 'em!