Critique please?

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited February 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is a picture of Nichole, one of our home school teachers here at Koinonia Farm.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

441926377_4Nm4w-M-2.jpg

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    A couple of things; not a big fan of the really narrow crop.....reminds me of looking through fence slats. The subject is all hunched down and for no apparent reason in the photo. The subject is dead center horizontally in the photo with little or no foreground between her and the bottom of the frame. I would have moved her off dead center and given at bit more 'land' between her and the bottom of the photo.

The road is a nice element in the photo and gives the shot depth. The monochrome treatment also looks pleasing. I'm just not sure a female subject all hunched down in that position works for me.....
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • psignosispsignosis Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    Just my 2 cents
    When I quickly glanced at the photo, I actually thought she was doing something really rude out in the bush. It looked like her pants where half down but looking closer, I realised my eyes needed checking. *hits head*

The crouching is strange. If she was standing up and looking along the road then that could indicate the journey travelled, but crouching down in that position looks really un-natural in a way.

The road looks nice but 'Nichole' is looking down at the ground which is also a bit strange as well? It gave me the appearance as if she was maybe crying or sad perhaps.

Overall, this photo is interesting.