Best, "oldest" friend........and me

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 25, 2005 in People
My friend from 40 yrs ago came to town on Sunday. They did not want to walk any, so I took them to a bar.:rofl . To have a coke and chips. Not just any bar, a dump. But it was on Sullivan's Island, and to those who have followed me, that place might be a dump, but it is class personified.

After that I drove them around old houses and stuff, then we went to lunch/dinner. At a nice restaurant on Shem Creek. Boats, boats and more people and boats. I put one photo up for the weather report, same today, too.
I took a gazillion photos.

Many would belong under the people thread, but I haven't worked all up yet. These are three, or four, don't know.

This is a photo of Karen on your right and me on your left. I signed it, then realized I had my husband take it, so I dated it.:D

g (I framed it, so some of you can kill me, I have it both ways)

22878138-L.jpg

This is Karen and her husband. As she wrote once when she sent me pictures from when we were in our 20s, with young children, "we were living the American dream". I have made my photos to look nice. Can anyone see the pain inherent with age and lost dreams, for some life can be that way?

I did/do want Karen to have a nice photo of herself with her husband. I can see the love.........so I wanted to show a nice photo of them.

22883480-L.jpg

This is Karen staring out the window of the restaurant where we ate, on Shem Creek. I wrote the inscription and signed it with my "old" font. I have had alot of complaints about my "old" font. the one with the small g in the below photo, I have been using the type font now. I think it might be "old" eyes, but I am not sure. Someone said they "hate" my old font. What do you all think, if you remember. It is only here in that small g below.

22894196-L.jpg

Karen and Roger, not a "portrait", but shows where we were, at first, a small casual bar on Sullivan's Island.

22878139-L.jpg

After dinner we left them, on the way home I saw my falcon eating, after words, my husband stopped and I took some photos of them. Very tired that night but so glad to have seen my friend: best friends for 10 yrs, 40 yrs ago. Roger went to school with my ex husband, they are seeing him tonight, in Charlotte, NC and two of my children.

g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    very nice post, ginger ... and may i say, you're lookin' good!
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    nice shots ginge clap.gif I love the one of you and your friend...
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 24, 2005
    Ahhhh, the elusive G emerges. Very nice pictures and glad to finally "meet" you.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Very Nice G. thumb.gif
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    These are very nice pictures! The first two especially come across as meaningful portraits.

-Amy
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    The first picture, of two good friends happy to be together, is really nice. A smile is a wonderful thing.
    I don't think you should delete these, this series shows a lot of emotion.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Thanks for sharing the pictures of your friend and her husband. Deeply touching. I wish that life did not have to be so hard for them (and for the rest of us). Growing old is not for the faint of heart.

Virginia

Email
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Great fun! If I am ever in SC, I expect you to take me out for a "diet" Coke :D

I love the poem shot... looking out into the distance. Great stuff. It works thumb.gif

Shot four is... ehhh. well, that's a BIG straw in Rogers drink, stuck to his chin. rolleyes1.gif

It looks like you had a swell time.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Thanks, everyone. And Johno, it is a date, for the "diet" coke.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.