Fading night (for #19)

pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
edited February 16, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Contrived or Natural reminded me of a project I tried to do a couple of years ago. The idea then was to blend together a sunset and a sunrise into one panorama of a bay. That image needs a tweak or two, but I digress.

Here's the same sort of idea in a plenty more challenging environment - the city.

There's somewhere around 25-30 images in this - linking exifs is gonna take a while to do :lol3

There's probably half a million stitching issues, but I hope the image doesn't suffer for it too much.

Question for you is do you like the concept and the image it brought into existence?

Fading night
474340375_cvjVU-XL.jpg
Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/

Comments

• cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    The middle 3rd is over exposed and the last third is under exposed. Try to process them individually then stitch them. What software are you using?
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    Great minds think alike. mine was gonna be different scenery and i'm not even sure i'll do it. that being said... image has great potential, but it does need some work re: exposure. Another comment... if i could... the concept is interesting, but i feel like there is a lack of a focal point =c/
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    I like the idea and agree with the exposure comments. I'd also suggest blending the middle section more seamlessly in the final product. Regarding a focal point, I'd love to see more buildings off to the right to offset the heaviness of the trees on the left. I think this would lend more balance to the composition. thumb.gif

Kudos on the concept and technical pursuit of this. I find the whole idea very daunting, so I'm impressed very much by it. Good luck! thumb.gif
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Thanks for the input. I have to agree the sky could be more vivid in the daylight part and I think I should be able to fix it.

As for the dark bit, that's kind of half the point really mwink.gif

I did this by taking the panorama at 4 different times, 30 and 3 minutes before sunset (these two are actually in back to front order there), 1 hour after sunset and in full darkness (didn't use it). I'm blending the panos by hand. There are serious problems in fitting it all together because it was just too bloody cold to stay put (-10 C and a breeze), I had to abandon my post between shots. Cccccold, not gonna try a re-shoot lol3.gif

Here goes again:
    475007303_VH322-XL.jpg

I've entered this version now :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/