2/16 Bulldog shots

BruiserBruiser Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
474827568_HotAH-L.jpg
474827592_RpKnR-L.jpg
474785186_sD3DE-L.jpg
474784775_LfeX2-L.jpg

Here, Minnie is guarding her toys. She will most definitely wake up if Jack tries to take one!
474783992_exbcf-L.jpg

I captured another "Minnie Tongue Shot" and had to show it off!
474784009_F8pDc-L.jpg

I know I probably should have "erased" the twig that appears to be interfering with Jack's body, but I got lazy. :dunno
474784383_yn9xC-L.jpg
Brian
www.brianyoung.smugmug.com
Nikon D90 ~ 18-105mm vr ~ 70-300mm vr ~
50mm f/1.8 ~ SB600

Comments

• Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    I like the tongue photo it is cute.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Bruiser wrote:

Here, Minnie is guarding her toys. She will most definitely wake up if Jack tries to take one!

I captured another "Minnie Tongue Shot" and had to show it off!

I know I probably should have "erased" the twig that appears to be interfering with Jack's body, but I got lazy. ne_nau.gif

I chuckle to myself when I look at these shots,
    they look like statues, they're just gorgeous clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Hi Jack. You are mighty cute iloveyou.gif
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Now there's a handsome puppy!! Not too sure I like the selective coloring on these, and it always helps if you number your photos so its easier for people to identify which ones they like and what not.

I really like #1, would love to see it in full color.

I like #4 as well, I think it could use a little more contrast or maybe some curves adjustment, just to make it pop a little more. And I'm sure the color version is nice too!

#5 is just adorable.

#6 Is really nice too, great pose. The stick dosnt bother me too much.

Your lucky! I would love to have a beautiful English bulldog like yours! Great Captures!! Wanna see more!!!!!
  • BruiserBruiser Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    DeuceFour wrote:
    Now there's a handsome puppy!! Not too sure I like the selective coloring on these, and it always helps if you number your photos so its easier for people to identify which ones they like and what not.

I really like #1, would love to see it in full color.

I like #4 as well, I think it could use a little more contrast or maybe some curves adjustment, just to make it pop a little more. And I'm sure the color version is nice too!

#5 is just adorable.

#6 Is really nice too, great pose. The stick dosnt bother me too much.

Your lucky! I would love to have a beautiful English bulldog like yours! Great Captures!! Wanna see more!!!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone. DeuceFour, here is photo #1 in full color. I used the selective coloring because I felt like the branches created more distraction in color. Also, I think the selective coloring helps make the dog pop out from the entire image. I think I still prefer the use of selective coloring here. What is your opinion after seeing it both ways? Thanks in advance.

3284899792_531efb92eb.jpg?v=0

Here is the color version of #4. What do you mean when you say it could use "curve adjustment"?:

3284080939_51edc903a8.jpg?v=0

When you say you like #5, do you mean the curled tongue pic or the one where she is lying on her toys? I will try to number them from now on. :D
    Brian
    www.brianyoung.smugmug.com
    Nikon D90 ~ 18-105mm vr ~ 70-300mm vr ~
    50mm f/1.8 ~ SB600
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I like these two pictures in color much better!! The ones you did with selective color just had a real un-natural feel to me. Dogs run around in grass and bushes, snow and branches in this case...So to me, the picture is better when you don't take away their natural element. With these two pictures, Id say either go Color or B&W. Just my opinion.

A curves adjustment, is an adjustment you can do in most editing software ie. Photoshop. The one in color looks fine to me, but when it was B&W I thought it just needed a smudge more contrast is all.

I meant the photo of him laying on his toys!!!! :D But so is the toungue shot..I forgot to write about that one..oops!