Crossing the Admiralty Inlet

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I was on the ferry over to Pt Townsend and there was a ton of boats out. I was able to capture this shot!

DSC_0230.jpg

Comments

• DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Nice shot brotha!! Only suggestion I have is that you change the composition a little so that the boat isnt dead center. Otherwise cool shot!
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Thanks for the comment homie! The boat was originally in the right one third and it didnt seem to work so I cropped it and put it in the bottom one third and I like how it turned out! I am glad you like it! I should have my Nikon D90 here by Friday so I can do some HDR shots up here (the D60 doesnt have ABF so it is a little harder)
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    I was on the ferry over to Pt Townsend and there was a ton of boats out. I was able to capture this shot!

Lovely shot, the colours in the sky, and the silhouette of both the boat and the stretch of land go beautifully together. clap.gif

The image looks crooked to me headscratch.gif leaning to the right? .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Yeah 15524779-Ti.gif Horizon is not straight. Easy fix, but only if it bothers you of course lol
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    ya the horizon tends to get me every time! tell me if this looks better

Before

DSC_0230.jpg

After

DSC_0230-1.jpg