Strange Sitings

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited February 20, 2009 in People
We spotted some strange winged creatures at our house Valentines weekend. They even cleaned up while here ...:D

475058948_WNXV6-M.jpg

475058886_zes9W-M.jpg

475058881_VpkD9-M.jpg

475058896_vNrES-M.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Nice
    These are great. You've resisted the natural urge to take a standard face forward picture and instead created PHOTOGRAPHS. I especially like #3. The appearance that he is about to turn the corner adds movement to the shot. The muted colors add an air of mystery. Exposure, post processing and composition are excellent. Well done.
  • piercingperceptionspiercingperceptions Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    These are adorable! I love the set. I especially like three for the fantasy like quality of the picture, the movement really heads with that. Compositionally, one is my favorite. It is top right quad of the picture plain instead of the middle always more interesting to look at. Great work. thumb.gif
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Cute use of the wings! What a fun collection, and it must have been fun to shoot! He didn't seem to mind them at all. I wonder what #1 would be like with the line in the concrete cloned out. I love seeing his little foot poking out from under the wings.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    very cute and well executed.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    These are just too cute for words!
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    These are great. You've resisted the natural urge to take a standard face forward picture and instead created PHOTOGRAPHS. I especially like #3. The appearance that he is about to turn the corner adds movement to the shot. The muted colors add an air of mystery. Exposure, post processing and composition are excellent. Well done.

Thank you very much. He seemed more like a "creature" without showing his face. Besides it's easier to get his backside since he's always on the move.
    LadyTX
    edited February 19, 2009
    These are adorable! I love the set. I especially like three for the fantasy like quality of the picture, the movement really heads with that. Compositionally, one is my favorite. It is top right quad of the picture plain instead of the middle always more interesting to look at. Great work. thumb.gif

Thanks very much for your time and compliments.
    LadyTX
    edited February 19, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Cute use of the wings! What a fun collection, and it must have been fun to shoot! He didn't seem to mind them at all. I wonder what #1 would be like with the line in the concrete cloned out. I love seeing his little foot poking out from under the wings.

Thanks Elaine. It was fun and exhausting ...rolleyes1.gif

The picture would probably look good without the line in the concrete. He was purposefully walking along that line though so for me it has meaning in the picture.
    LadyTX
    edited February 19, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    very cute and well executed.

Thanks very much Scott.

I did do the edit to change the spelling and it changed it on the picture page but not on the main page where all the postings are listed ..headscratch.gif
    LadyTX
    edited February 19, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    These are just too cute for words!

Thank you so much Lee. Glad you enjoyed them.
    LadyTX
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Very adorable! Maybe he can flap those wings over to my house...we need a broom rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited February 20, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Very adorable! Maybe he can flap those wings over to my house...we need a broom rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Swartzy. If I see him again I'll send him your way.
    LadyTX