Options

landscapes + more in 35mm

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Landscapes
i picked up a Canon AE-1 from a friend with a few lenses for $50. just got my first few rolls back from it.

Fuji 400 they sell at Costco for $1/roll and some Kodak C-41 B&W stuff. w/ the FD 50mm f/1.8

street-light.jpg

dog.jpg

6spd.jpg

elle1.jpg

killing time before a meeting at one of my favorite local abandonments
spring1.jpg

spring3.jpg

spring4.jpg

spring5.jpg

kinda meh on the Fuji. i liked the Kodak B&W, going to try some Ilford C-41 B&W and some 'better' color film next. still getting the hang of the AE-1. it's fun but i still like digital a lot better.

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Awesome! I've been wanting to tinker around with film again, despite the annoyance of having to develop them. I still think that there's a certain je ne sais quois about even a simple snapshot with a film camera - and certainly the potential for a lot of happy accidents. thumb.gif
  • Options
    euchretobineuchretobin Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    BW of the shifter has a great, classic look. Try shooting some slides and projecting them - wow ! I sold my AE-1 in December, but you might have convinced me to run some film through my A1. Did Costco develop and scan these?

-Paul
    Photos by Paul: http://euchre.smugmug.com
    Nikon digital plus Canon FD for nostalgia :thumb
  • Options
    ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Awesome! I've been wanting to tinker around with film again, despite the annoyance of having to develop them. I still think that there's a certain je ne sais quois about even a simple snapshot with a film camera - and certainly the potential for a lot of happy accidents. thumb.gif

yea something about film. i still have 15+ rolls of Holga stuff I need to scan in and look at, and another 6+ rolls of 120 that I now need to get developed as well. If only the place I went to didn't charge $texas to scan 120. :(
    BW of the shifter has a great, classic look. Try shooting some slides and projecting them - wow ! I sold my AE-1 in December, but you might have convinced me to run some film through my A1. Did Costco develop and scan these?

yea I was really happy with how the shifter shot came out. it's funny since it was the last shot on the roll, was just looking for something somewhat interesting to use up the roll with.

yes, i went to costco for the developing and scanning. so far they haven't let me down, but their scans end up only being ~2mb. fine for web work and smaller prints (gotten a few 8x10s and 5x7s from the scanned JPGs done) but i wish they would crank up the quality a bit. i have my own scanner but it's slow and a pain to use. :(
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Excellent shots. thumb.gif

I still have my AE-1 and my A-1 and various lenses bought back in the late 70's just after the A-1 was introduced. Maybe I need to dust them off.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!