CSRA Snowmobile Racing

BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
edited February 19, 2009 in Sports
I went out for the second round of the CSRA Kawartha Cup held in Peterborough, Ontario. Great day, Great racing and MUCH warmer than Round #1!

Thanks for looking...

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
...more to come!

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Some great, colorful action images. I'm not a professional so you'll have to take these comments with a grain of salt.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I particularly like the first image. Although I would like to see just a little more space in front of the machine, I can only imagine how difficult it most be to shoot these images.<o:p></o:p>
    The house in the background of the 2nd image distracts me a bit and seems out of place in the image.<o:p></o:p>
    #3 is good but getting close to cutting of the riders head.<o:p></o:p>
    #4 is a great action shot, flying snow, good color and composition.<o:p></o:p>
    Phil<o:p></o:p>
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Great captures!! The first one is just tack sharp and I really like the action of the 2nd one. Yes, the house may seem a bit odd in the picture, but you can't do much about where an event is placed. I like the shot a lot.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    ront wrote:
    Great captures!! The first one is just tack sharp and I really like the action of the 2nd one. Yes, the house may seem a bit odd in the picture, but you can't do much about where an event is placed. I like the shot a lot.

Ron

Thanks for the comment, the track is surrounded by a residential area - so you're right - it couldnt be helped! I tried to get the crowd in all the shots but that corner wasnt possible.

Definately a fun sport to watch! Amazing what they can do with a snowmobile!!
    ...more to come!
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    I like the pursuits in 3&4. Nice job.
    Rags