Ground Fog

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited February 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The picture was taken a couple of hours ago. We had a little ground fog in Buckeye AZ, this morning.

475588751_XSBR6-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    wow, I really do love this. The simplicity of it makes it that much more gorgeous.
    //Leah
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    wow, I really do love this. The simplicity of it makes it that much more gorgeous.

Thanks for the nice comment catspaw, it was the simplicity that interested me, when I first saw it in the field.......... azzaro
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    looks good... I've always had difficulty getting decent results when trying to take low fog shots. Any tips?
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    This looks really cool!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited February 17, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    looks good... I've always had difficulty getting decent results when trying to take low fog shots. Any tips?

Thanks for the comment...... As for the tip I'm not sure. This shot worked because the fog was low and burning off while I stood there. It wasn't connected to bad weather.
    Now that I'm retired I shoot a lot more pictures just as the sun is coming up.
    When you shoot that time of day the scene can change quickly and you can get some really neat colors. Same goes for late in the evening.
    The sun was just coming up in this picture.
    I guess the tip is, when everybody is waking up your out shooting pictures and when they are eating supper, your out shooting pictures.:D
    azzaro
    edited February 17, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    This looks really cool![/quote

Thanks Tatiana for the nice comment.......azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Nice one Azzaro. You seem to have a penchant for capturing the serenity of the moment in your images.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • clcoroniosclcoronios Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Striking! I love fog. I don't love so much getting up early - but when there's a great place to shoot, it's not so bad.

Nice work!
    Carol
    Carol Lynn Coronios
    As You Like It Productions
    Equine photography in the northeast
    Chatham, NY
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Nice one Azzaro. You seem to have a penchant for capturing the serenity of the moment in your images.

+1, this is lovely

btw, if i may suggest: the horizon is a little off, that should be adjusted. also, maybe a little cropping off the rightside & top to bring the subject comp off center? what do you think about that?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited February 18, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:

THANKS JACK :D azzaro
    edited February 18, 2009
    clcoronios wrote:
    Striking! I love fog. I don't love so much getting up early - but when there's a great place to shoot, it's not so bad.

Nice work!
    Carol

Thanks Carol for the kind comment......I have a couple of dogs and a horse, they like to get their day started early. I saw the pic. on the way feed a horse. azzaro
    edited February 18, 2009
    +1, this is lovely

btw, if i may suggest: the horizon is a little off, that should be adjusted. also, maybe a little cropping off the rightside & top to bring the subject comp off center? what do you think about that?

Hi Aaron......When I shot the pic I was conscious of getting the horizon level and the location of the subject correct. When I viewed it on my puter the horizon was off to the left and the subject off horizontally. I fixed both which included cropping the right side but wasn't completely happy with the fix.
    A long way around to saying I believe you to be correct.

Thanks Aaron for the nice comment and the critique.........thumb.gif azzaro
  • leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Nice image! I love fog, too, we just don't get much of it. We actually had it this morning but the whole area was foggy not the patchy fog like you have in your shot.
    edited February 18, 2009
    leahe wrote:
    Nice image! I love fog, too, we just don't get much of it. We actually had it this morning but the whole area was foggy not the patchy fog like you have in your shot.

Hi Leah......Thanks for looking in and the comment...... I visited your home page... very impressive....love those horse picturesthumb.gif.... azzaro
  • leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Thanks for taking the time to look. I am in the middle of trying to get it where I want and really need to get more of a variety of images uploaded. Never ending process I am learning.
  • zoinkzzoinkz Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Wow
    For me this is a very calming or maybe soothing photo. I can't think of much more to say other than it is a truly awesome shot.
    Bryan Elliott
    Nikon D3, D700, Nikkor 12-24 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8
    my blog | my website
    edited February 19, 2009
    zoinkz wrote:
    For me this is a very calming or maybe soothing photo. I can't think of much more to say other than it is a truly awesome shot.

Thanks so much for the nice comment......... azzaro
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    FOG SHOTS.....(staring w/ a wide-eye glazed look)....sucker for fog shots! Nice Image!
    edited February 19, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    FOG SHOTS.....(staring w/ a wide-eye glazed look)....sucker for fog shots! Nice Image!

Thank you for your comment....... azzaro