Sunset Cliffs at sunset Panos

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited February 22, 2009 in Landscapes
Late last week, I happened to have my camera with me at work, so I headed out for some sunset shots at the appropriately named Sunset Cliffs here in San Diego. These pano shots were the first to be processed. All were shot handheld as I've got perhaps the worst tripod concievable and all are from the same spot. I was working on figuring out how to compose a pano shot. Any critiques on which one you like best would be greatly appreciated! :thumb

1)
475005851_giFYA-L.jpg

2)
474994178_4sCjL-L.jpg

3)
475032285_zJaGH-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Maybe this one...
    I worked this one up last night... actually Photoshop did... it's a stitch of the previous 3 panos. Not sure how long that took, I started it and went to bed. rolleyes1.gif

476167503_rkXgf-L.jpg

Any suggestions or concerns are welcome! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    Hi Chris, I like the last version best, so that was a great that you went through the work of re-working these. I love the colors: yellow and blue go together so well, and I actually like the play of light and dark between the left and right sides.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    I like the last one best also. As I looked at the first three, I wondered if you could combine them. Voila, you did it while sleeping! :D I wonder if you could cut off just a bit of the sky at the top? The lower clouds are quite dynamic, but I sort of get lost at the top. If you disagree, then leave it as is. I think the colors and light are wonderful.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited February 21, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Chris, I like the last version best, so that was a great that you went through the work of re-working these. I love the colors: yellow and blue go together so well, and I actually like the play of light and dark between the left and right sides.

Thanks for the feedback, Schmoo! :D

The final version is so big I feel like I could wallpaper with it!! And I just might if I can find a wall big enough to hold it! rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited February 21, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I like the last one best also. As I looked at the first three, I wondered if you could combine them. Voila, you did it while sleeping! :D I wonder if you could cut off just a bit of the sky at the top? The lower clouds are quite dynamic, but I sort of get lost at the top. If you disagree, then leave it as is. I think the colors and light are wonderful.

Thanks for the suggestion, Lauren!
    I did a quick test (held up a piece of paper over the top to "crop" it) and it looks much better without the mostly featureless area there. I'll crop it before I wallpaper with it! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Glad it worked for you, Chris. Let us know how the wallpaper turns out!:D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com