Sunset Cliffs After Sunset

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Landscapes
OK... so I just realized the other day that my XTi had long exposure noise reduction... turns out I should have read the manual long ago... Luckily I was already planning on heading out for some sunset shots and decided to try some looooooong exposures along the coast after dark.

1) This one is proof that I need to upgrade my tripod, so it's posted nice and small... :rofl
475284524_HKebL-M.jpg

2) A vertical from the same spot... less tripod motion on this one..
475283354_m5XT7-L.jpg

3) My favorite of the night...
475013067_4mDgD-XL.jpg

I've definitely got more to learn when trying these type of shots, so feel free to critique away!

Thanks for looking! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• The Wild EyeThe Wild Eye Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    its all really nice! I like the long shutter speed, it makes the water look almost foggy. We all have lots to learn! But I'd say your doing well!! Share more and don't forget to have fun!=)
    The Wild Eye

Canon 1D Mark II, 16-35mm, 28-135mm, 50mm, 100-400mm, 1.4X, 600mm FD & 1.4X FD.

"Wildlife photography drives my passion. But there is something about being in the midst of a scenic view that takes your breath away."

www.SamSwartz.Net
  • brncr6brncr6 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Looks blurred or out of focus. Nice landscape. I like the effect of the water.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    its all really nice! I like the long shutter speed, it makes the water look almost foggy. We all have lots to learn! But I'd say your doing well!! Share more and don't forget to have fun!=)

Thanks for the kind words, Wild Eye! It's definitely a fun technique... I can't wait for the next full moon to try it again! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited February 18, 2009
    brncr6 wrote:
    Looks blurred or out of focus. Nice landscape. I like the effect of the water.

Thanks Brncr6! But which one looks blurred and out of focus? The first one is definitely blurred (tripod shake) but the other 2 look good to me... no?ne_nau.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    wonderful colors, your on the right track! #2 & 3 are sweet
    dont stop trying, (just like the rest of us, we all learn things the hard way...yes get a heavy tripod with a solid head..it does not need to be expensive to do the job)
    Aaron Nelson
    edited February 18, 2009
    wonderful colors, your on the right track! #2 & 3 are sweet
    dont stop trying, (just like the rest of us, we all learn things the hard way...yes get a heavy tripod with a solid head..it does not need to be expensive to do the job)

Thanks Aaron!
    Learning the hard way is what I'm best at! :D
    I hope to have some freelance jobs finished soon and the money from those will be going straight into a decent tripod & head!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos