Dog on the Patio

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is my first post here. Long time member of ADV rider, finally joined Smugmug, then found this place. I have been taking photos for a while now and this year felt like I have really pushed the envelope with my old Canon S3-IS. To get the control I wanted I just needed a better camera, So I went for it and got a Nikon D90. I can't stop buying stuff for it. I have turned into some kind of Nikonowhore. I need to stop before my ass is in the poor house.

This is a shot of one of my favorite subjects, my dog Boo. Trying out a 80-200mm AFS 2.8 I picked up that day. I can see why it is a great portrait lens.

467814050_BY6Z5-M.jpg

Comments

• SteelafanSteelafan Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Nice shot. Great expression. Looks like he's focused on something real good!:D
    :patch Searching for that one shot that counts. The never ending quest to make people say "wow".:huh

http://asphotoworks.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Zerodog wrote:
    This is my first post here. Long time member of ADV rider, finally joined Smugmug, then found this place. I have been taking photos for a while now and this year felt like I have really pushed the envelope with my old Canon S3-IS. To get the control I wanted I just needed a better camera, So I went for it and got a Nikon D90. I can't stop buying stuff for it. I have turned into some kind of Nikonowhore. I need to stop before my ass is in the poor house.

This is a shot of one of my favorite subjects, my dog Boo. Trying out a 80-200mm AFS 2.8 I picked up that day. I can see why it is a great portrait lens.

Hi there Zerodog, and welcome to the Dgrin Forum clap.gif

So you've been buying all kinds of photographic goodies have ya,
    ya gotta eat remember that rolleyes1.gif

Your dog Boo looks very serious, he/she is a real nice colour,
    great face.

This is a lovely shot, hope you will continue to post and share your work.
    Don't forget to check out the rest of the DGRIN FORUMS thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Very nice portrait. Good light, too!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Thanks guys. He is an easy subject. He sits there or lays there and pretty much stays put for me. If you make a sound and get his attention he makes some interesting expresions. The color of his hair picks up the light really well and shows a lot of detail. So black and white is good too. He hates the flash though. He will only tolerate that for a little while before he trys to leave. The light was great that evening. The sun was just starting to go down and the patio faces directly west. I can't wait till summer when the humming birds come back.