Options

HELP: remote release for the s7000?

digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited May 25, 2005 in Accessories
I've just about had it. It really shouldn't be that difficult to find a remote release (a.k.a. cable shutter release) for the fujifilm finepix s7000 but apparently it is. There's no way for me to make sure it's compatible, even e-mailing companies is proving to be fruitless since I get responses and I quote "we don't have anything compatible with the s7000 to my knowledge. Just use the self-timer."

yeah, thanks, dude, appreciate that load of info.

anyway, my manual says "compatible cable releases: ISO 6053:1979-compliant cable releases."

ok, so a search for that on google is like reading japanese. no really (http://www.photosharp.com.tw/forum2003/topic/topic.asp?forum_id=18&Code=20040218000033&fPage=11&Page=1)

what am I missing here? does anyone else have an s7000? I'd like to find a release of at least 3 or 4 feet if not a little more.

thanks in advance for helping me out here. I quit smoking yesterday and that's making it more difficult. LOL :bash

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Here's my only suggestion.

As the camera supposedly has a generic, not proprietary, cable release socket, call local camera stores to see if any have cable releases in stock. Then take your camera down and see if theirs fit.

Since Fuji designed the thing to accept standard sizes, I betcha you'll find a cable that fits. Then you'll know the thread size, and can order the length you want.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    From having owned a Fuji in the past, I know that they seem to make it difficult to find any type of accessory for any of their cameras. I agree with wxwax though, a camera store should have a generic release that screws in there.
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Here's my only suggestion.

As the camera supposedly has a generic, not proprietary, cable release socket, call local camera stores to see if any have cable releases in stock. Then take your camera down and see if theirs fit.

Since Fuji designed the thing to accept standard sizes, I betcha you'll find a cable that fits. Then you'll know the thread size, and can order the length you want.
    unfortunately there are no camera stores. no, I'm not kidding.

I guess I'll have to try and find something in Hickory, about an hour away. ug. thanks guys!
  • Options
    robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Here's something on eBay, for $12 total it's not bad but I would perfer a slightly longer cable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30055&item=7518339239&rd=1

Also I have seen cable releases at general stores such as Wal Mart and some discount drug stores with a photo section. We have Long's here in California but might want to check out your local stores in their photo section.

You should be happy that your Fuji takes regular cable releases, my 10D needs a $50 electronic remote. D'oh!

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    I got one very easy her in the UK about £9.00 it has a tappered thread so it fits many sizes, if you can't get one i may be able to send you one

Regards
    Gary
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    I got one very easy her in the UK about £9.00 it has a tappered thread so it fits many sizes, if you can't get one i may be able to send you one

Regards
    Gary
    Ah, great suggestion.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Both of my local camera shops had the generic packaged ones on the shelf and I grabbed one there and it fit fine. I also have the Fuji S7000. I dont think it will be a problem unless there isnt a good camera store near ya. Hope that helps!
    Kagan