HB Firetruck

gumpaholicgumpaholic Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited February 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I went out tonight to try my hand at long exposures and had alot of fun! I have never really used that function before so thought i'd give it a try. Here is a pic of a local firetruck on the HB pier. Let me know what you think of it. I shot it with my XSI, 18-5 EFS IS lens at ISO-100, f-stop 3.5, Eposure time 1.3 and in RAW (which is also new for me). Thanks again:thumb !

SEE POST BELOW!

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Your picture has a color cast to it......You shot it in raw so it should be and easy fix......... Maybe you could fix it and post it again........thumb.gif
  • gumpaholicgumpaholic Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I'm very new with RAW so I don't really know what i'm doing ne_nau.gif ! Does this look a little better?

firetruckb.jpg

I also took this shot of the HB pier that night too with a 6 second exposure. Thanks for all the critiques and any help is MORE than helpful :D !

pier01b.jpg
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    The firetruck is better. If it were mine, I would move on. The second picture is really neat.

I would clean it up. For example it seems a little soft, so sharpening would help. Cropping some of the right side and bottom off would help. Play around with it and start a new thread and show it......IMO it's a cool pic. and deserves to be shown by its self. azzaro
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I like the shots but the first one to me doesn't look too long exposure. It looks a little blurry. The second is great and you should try for a slightly longer exposure to get a more blurred affect in the water.
  • gumpaholicgumpaholic Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Thanks for your help guys! I'm still practicing and getting as much info as my brain can handle rolleyes1.gif !
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    gumpaholic wrote:
    I'm very new with RAW so I don't really know what i'm doing ne_nau.gif ! Does this look a little better?

I also took this shot of the HB pier that night too with a 6 second exposure. Thanks for all the critiques and any help is MORE than helpful :D !

Sorry I didnt see your first post before you re-edited it.
    I really like the Pier shot best nod.gif look at those starbursts clap.gif

I'm wondering if a bit of a crop off the sand at the bottom would look better.

I like the shot the way it is but I experimented with it cropped a little.

Nicely done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin