DSS 19 -- I think I've gone off the deep end

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm trying for something contrived and may have had a little too much "fun" this evening with Photoshop. :uhoh

C&C much appreciated.

Contrived #1
475897782_ftDVg-L.jpg

Contrived #2
475903112_CTvKi-L.jpg

Comments

• cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Yup.

But there's a lot more room to swim and if you dive in you don't hit your head. thumb.gif
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    :wow A bit too trippy for my taste lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I like the idea of peeling the facade off the building (is that what you meant?). But what are the faces doing there? Also, I'm not certain I like how aggressive you are with the false colours.
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Wow!! well you could never be accused of not producing a "Contrived" shot!!!

Like Pyry said, it's just a bit too out there for my taste, and I'm not sure of the point of the face/faces in the background?

Tim
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Wow! I really love those bold colors! I like the building in the first one, but those two faces throw me as well.

I love your creativity!

Sherry
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    rolleyes1.gifrofl

Thanks for looking and commenting.

It started out as a peeling facade. I thought the colors looked a bit blah so I started playing around with saturation and hues. Then I didn't like the bland white sky in the original so I played with gradients. As for the faces, I needed something to fill up the empty space. ne_nau.gif Hey, it was already quite funky by then. :giggle

I guess I'll just head back to the drawing board. :D But I did have a lot of fun last night. mwink.gif
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Reading other folk's posts... I guess it's not the best entry for the competition - But on a personal level, I like it!
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I am flat blown away! I can't even beging to imagine how you acomplished this. I just tried to slip a simple layer project together and to see this...WOW
    I really like it!
    Royce
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I was wondering about those faces too...
    Other than that, I think you did a fantastic PS job
    - wonderful colors!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    I think you and Divamom should collaborate on this one. Her Cat in the Moon for MC#3 would be hilarious replacing the face in the upper right side.

Something about a lunar cat looking down on a peeling church makes me giggle rolleyes1.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    #3 for me. Put me in the camp of those who really like these. (Or should I say the campy camp?) But I admit to having strange tastes.

It is definitely contrived.

Paul is probably right in his assessment of it as a challenge entry, but I think you might take the idea, back off the psychedelic colors - maybe leave out the face(s) - and see how it looks.

Wonderfully creative!

Really woke me up this morning. rolleyes1.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Wow
    I really like the 2nd one. And, I love the colors. My opinion is usually off from the norm though...if that tells you anything :D
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
    edited February 18, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    I think you and Divamom should collaborate on this one. Her Cat in the Moon for MC#3 would be hilarious replacing the face in the upper right side.

Something about a lunar cat looking down on a peeling church makes me giggle rolleyes1.gif

Hmmmm..... headscratch.gifmwink.giflol3.gif
    edited February 18, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    #3 for me. Put me in the camp of those who really like these. (Or should I say the campy camp?) But I admit to having strange tastes.

It is definitely contrived.

Paul is probably right in his assessment of it as a challenge entry, but I think you might take the idea, back off the psychedelic colors - maybe leave out the face(s) - and see how it looks.

Wonderfully creative!

Really woke me up this morning. rolleyes1.gif

Virginia

I can only imagine that it woke up a number of people this morning. Heck, it even woke me up when I checked the thread this morning. rolleyes1.gif

Paul's assessment is probably correct. There's "contrived" and then there's "contrived-on-steroids", which is what this is.

headscratch.gif My biggest problem at the moment is to figure out what to do with that sky. In the original it's a stark white. But at least it makes it easy to put in a layer of...something-or-other. Fortunately there's still plenty of time left.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    i really like what your attempting, very unique.
    Aaron Nelson
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    lose the telephone wire
    Aaron Nelson
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    michswiss wrote:

BWAH! I offer you the rights to Fritz the grumpy cat and my barely-in-focus, size-resampled orange moon for personal use. They're all yours ;)

Linda, I laughed out loud at this shot of yours - you have now totally blown my image of you as a pretty-aesthetic traditionalist. My illusions shattered!!

I think the Psychadelic shot is pretty cool, actually - if "contrived" can't be weird and wonderful, what can? I would replace the faces with something else more related to the building however - not sure what directions that will take you but it's a thought....... naughty.gif