Options

Transform perspective

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited May 5, 2004 in Finishing School
Well, I monkeyed around with this for a long time and still didn't quite get it right. Is there some trick I'm missing? I used the grid and tried to make everything line up, but in the end I was defeated.
3964424-M.jpg
3974197-M.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    Is this what you were trying to accomplish?

3976688-M.jpg
    Hutch
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    Is this what you were trying to accomplish?

3976688-M.jpg
    Hutch
    Much better. How did you do it?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    Holding down the control key while adjusting the upper corners? It holds the base in place.

I'm not much good at correcting perspective errors. The combo of changing the lean, then pulling up to fix the squat, is more than my eye can properly handle.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2004
    Duplicated the original layer.
    Added a black fill layer between the original and the copy.
    In the copy layer -
    Used the rect. marque tool to select the area immediately around the window.
    Selected edit/transform/ then skew and perspective to manipulate the window.
    Used grids to verify the image was reasonably square.

This may not be the trick way, but it is pretty quick and easy.

Hutch
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited May 5, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    Duplicated the original layer.
    Added a black fill layer between the original and the copy.
    In the copy layer -
    Used the rect. marque tool to select the area immediately around the window.
    Selected edit/transform/ then skew and perspective to manipulate the window.
    Used grids to verify the image was reasonably square.

This may not be the trick way, but it is pretty quick and easy.

Hutch
    Can't you just crop Rutts image with the perspective box checked and accomplish the same thing? I correct for perspective of buildings with the crop tool and perspective checked as a matter of course. Transform will work also, but seems like usiing a bulldozer to weed a garden.... Nor do I use a grid - I just usually fly by eye - a grid certainly could be used for critical work, but for my images, I just do it quick and dirty by how it looks.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Can't you just crop Rutts image with the perspective box checked and accomplish the same thing? I correct for perspective of buildings with the crop tool and perspective checked as a matter of course. Transform will work also, but seems like usiing a bulldozer to weed a garden.... Nor do I use a grid - I just usually fly by eye - a grid certainly could be used for critical work, but for my images, I just do it quick and dirty by how it looks.
    Using transform has the benefit of letting you see (at least roughly) what you're doing to the image as you make you're correction.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    I'm really feeling stupid at this point because I don't seem to be able to find a perspective box to check?!?!?

Help!

Hutch
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    I'm really feeling stupid at this point because I don't seem to be able to find a perspective box to check?!?!?

Help!

Hutch
    Hutch,

In Photoshop CS you first have to select an area in your image with the crop tool. Then the option bar will change to give you the options available for cropping. In the Crop Tool Option Bar you should see the checkbox for Perspective.

3986201-M.jpg

hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2004
    Cletus,

I'm using PS 7, but it works the same. I have learned something new again. Every time I think I know how to manipulate an image in PS the "easy" way, somebody shows me a new better way.

Thanks,

Hutch