Options

FS: Canon 55-250MM IS

pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited March 7, 2009 in House of Canon
I'd like to purchase one of Canon's longer high-end telephoto lenses (aka the kind that makes your wallet say "ouch")... since I'm not a pro and am on a limited budget, I'll need to sell a couple of the consumer lenses I have to "finance" this.

This lens was purchased at the end of June '08 (so it's still under warranty) and I can supply the original purchase slip with the lens. Images from the lens are incredibly sharp for a lens in this price range and the lens has gotten rave reviews everywhere. The image stabilization (IS) work very well and allows you to shot without a tripod in much lower light situations that without this feature - saves you carrying a tripod as well.

The lens has had a multi-coated UV filter on it since day one to protect the front glass - and I'm including this with the lens. Both the glass and barrel and in like-new condition.

$220 OBO (no shipping or paypal fees)
I can supply images and references as needed.

Comments

• Options
    imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Pics?
    Do you have any pics of the lens that you can post?

pyanez wrote:
    I'd like to purchase one of Canon's longer high-end telephoto lenses (aka the kind that makes your wallet say "ouch")... since I'm not a pro and am on a limited budget, I'll need to sell a couple of the consumer lenses I have to "finance" this.

This lens was purchased at the end of June '08 (so it's still under warranty) and I can supply the original purchase slip with the lens. Images from the lens are incredibly sharp for a lens in this price range and the lens has gotten rave reviews everywhere. The image stabilization (IS) work very well and allows you to shot without a tripod in much lower light situations that without this feature - saves you carrying a tripod as well.

The lens has had a multi-coated UV filter on it since day one to protect the front glass - and I'm including this with the lens. Both the glass and barrel and in like-new condition.

$220 OBO (shipping based on your request and budget)
    I can supply images and references as needed.
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Options
    pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    The full res versions of these images (as well as several others) can still be viewed HERE. You can see the images at full resolution by gliding your cursor over the image and clicking on "original". You can also click on the "Photo Info" button and see all of the camera settings for that image.

If you want a good idea of how amazingly sharp this pretty inexpensive lens is, view them there, but just in case here are some reduced versions for the forum:

476564883_b4BnF-M-1.jpg

476564529_cZbg4-M-1.jpg

486624134_aUERa-M.jpg

476562946_MtXn8-M-1.jpg

476563189_2oBjQ-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Can't say I'm interested, but the one of the boys is a great photo.
    Just throwin' down a compliment.
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]