Mammoth Hot Springs

Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
edited February 19, 2009 in Landscapes
From a recent trip into the north end of Yellowstone Nat. Park. C&C is always welcome.

471800900_3SyfX-L.jpg
I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Nicely done - love the contrast between the gorgeous blue sky and the more "earthy" tones in the foreground. Don't you just love Yellowstone. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to it that I'm there a couple of times a year and it never ceases to amaze me.

What's even more crazy - its not even like in the top five most visited national parks. I think that people are giving Yosemite and these other parks more preferential treatment than they deserve.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Very nice. thumb.gif Canary Springs area of Mammoth Hot Springs?

Which lens did you use?
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Thank you for viewing and commenting. I plan on returning to Yellowstone again next year, once in October and again probably January or February there is a whole lot less people then and it’s easy to get a spot at the Mammoth campgrounds. :D <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    This is the Canary springs, and I was using the Canon EF 24-70mm 2.8 L lens, on of my favorites.<o:p></o:p>
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • 80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Absolutely stunning photo! It's definitely on my list of places I want to go.
  • PackingMyBagsPackingMyBags Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Great shot. I too am a big fan of Yellowstone. I used to go to college nearby. My favorite waterfall was Dunanda. Lets just say its a big secret. ;)