Copy Pics between galleries

eschickeschick Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited May 6, 2004 in SmugMug Support
A suggestion on working with galleries:

- ability to copy photos between galleries

I see ways to move photos between galleries and to delete photos, but no way to copy a photo between galleries.

I might have somehow missed this feature and if I did please point me in the right direction.

Also, other people have mentioned it, but I'd like to add my vote for being able to do cropping at photo ordering time.

Eric

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 5, 2004
    eschick wrote:
    A suggestion on working with galleries:

- ability to copy photos between galleries

I see ways to move photos between galleries and to delete photos, but no way to copy a photo between galleries.

I might have somehow missed this feature and if I did please point me in the right direction.

Also, other people have mentioned it, but I'd like to add my vote for being able to do cropping at photo ordering time.

Eric
    Hi Eric,

Many thanks for the suggestions. We're hearing about copying between galleries more and more. The honest answer is we haven't put our minds to this one yet to devise a simple way to do it and set a schedule, but given the number of requests for it I would expect us to in the future.

Cropping at photo ordering time is now our #1 priority, along with a new shopping cart in general. We have prototypes working that we're testing. It's quite a challenge because most consumers have no concept that the photo they want printed may not fit the paper size they select.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • HighLightPhotosHighLightPhotos Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    I for one can't wait to see the new ordering shopping cart.
    Cropping aside, the current cart is a little cumbersome if you want to add individual photos. And I've had feedback the picking "order entire galerry" is confusing since onthe next page only one thumbnail (of the first photo) shows up.
    thanks for working on this!
  • georgesgeorges Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2004
    And a variation--
    Baldy wrote:
    We're hearing about copying between galleries...
    Just a slight variation. If i were to open another account, would there be a way to move several galleries to the new account?

Thanks, gs
    See you later, gs

http://georgesphotos.net