MC#3....I think this is it...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited February 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
What are your thoughts on this one? Reshot tonight but only had one model willing. Had to go out to location...but thats ok...wasn't too much colder.

Subliminal...
476565454_47mtK-L.jpg

Comments

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Looks good.

My first thought....

"Life Sucks" - is too sharp to be really there .... if it really was on the wall.
    then you need to soften it slightly to blend it into the environment more so as to attract less attention to it and more attention to your main subject. As it is my eyes jump right to the graffiti before anything else.

Once I get past that I like the rest. There is a certain irony to it.

Sean
  • BobbyMarshallBobbyMarshall Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    I like it, and The lighting is nice.

Just a guess here, but was the life sucks and jagtag put in during post production? the blacks seem a little new looking.

Lastly, "one model willing" that's the only other fault that sticks out to me... he looks a little too clean-cut to be homeless. But then again he could be newly homeless person ne_nau.gif
    Canon 50D | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS
    2x White Lightning x1600 | 580 EXII
    Sekonic L-358 | 2x Pocket Wizard II | TC-80N3 Remote Shutter

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 19, 2009
    thanks Sean and Bobby. I thought about it after I had posted it already in the album and went backed and lightened it up some. As for the cleaner look...he is young enough to be a teenager. Its unfortunate about runaways or young people who just cant get a job. This is an unfortunate sight here and other areas I am sure. So this is the replacement...
    476565454_47mtK-L-1.jpg
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Maybe it's because I'm looking at this from a dark monitor, but the first thing my eye jumped to was the sleeping man. It took a few seconds to see the "Life Sucks".

This is a very powerful image, Joyce. You nailed the lighting on this one! thumb.gif
    edited February 19, 2009
    Thank you Linda.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    This is a very powerful image, Joyce. You nailed the lighting on this one! thumb.gif

+1

I loved the first one but this one is marvelous. bowdown.gifbow

Now could you turn over the remains of your brick wall to me? Still struggling. :cry

Best of luck to you.

Virginia

Email
    edited February 19, 2009
    yes you can have the rest of the wall. Not much left of it though...good luck to you too and ty for the comments Virginia.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Great job Joyce!
    edited February 20, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Great job Joyce!
    Thank you!!:D