WTB: Late Model Clean Canon 100-400mm IS

pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited December 21, 2010 in House of Canon
Looking for a clean and VERY sharp Canon 100-400mm. Would prefer one manufactured in the past couple of years and that has been nicely taken care of... little dust, immaculate glass, no significant defects of the barrel, etc.

In the perfect world, you'll live in the mid-atlantic (US) area, I'll check it out and pick it up in person over a good cup of coffee, we'll meet on a nice sunny day, etc, etc.. Of course this is in a perfect world.

Regardless of how fantastic your lens is, if your price is more than 85% of that for a new one from B&H, it won't make much sense for me to buy it from you. Baring near perfection my budget for any lens out of warranty is about 1K.

Thanks

Comments

• hammer Y11hammer Y11 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 21, 2010
    If you're still interested, I have one for you.
    pyanez wrote: »
    Looking for a clean and VERY sharp Canon 100-400mm. Would prefer one manufactured in the past couple of years and that has been nicely taken care of... little dust, immaculate glass, no significant defects of the barrel, etc.

In the perfect world, you'll live in the mid-atlantic (US) area, I'll check it out and pick it up in person over a good cup of coffee, we'll meet on a nice sunny day, etc, etc.. Of course this is in a perfect world.

Regardless of how fantastic your lens is, if your price is more than 85% of that for a new one from B&H, it won't make much sense for me to buy it from you. Baring near perfection my budget for any lens out of warranty is about 1K.

Thanks

Pyanez,

It's been a while since your post, but if you're still looking for the Canon lens, I have one for you. I'm in the mid-Atlantic area, my price is < 85% of new, but I can't guarantee a sunny day for the transaction!

This lens is in immaculate condition. It comes with the lens, lens case, lens caps (front and back), hood, and a Tiffen 77mm Circular Polarizer (which has been protecting this lens from the second it came out of the packaging). I'm selling the lens because I never use it - which explains its immaculate condition.

The Estimated Retail Price (by Canon) is $1799.00
    The best price I could find online for a brand new one: $1499.00 (at Walmart)
    Best price I could find online for a used one: $1275.00 (ebay)

My price: $1200.00

Product Description:
    L-series super telephoto zoom lens equipped with an Image Stabilizer. The fluorite and Super UD-glass elements largely eliminate secondary spectrum. The floating system also ensures high picture quality at all focal lengths. The Image Stabilizer has two modes and it is compatible with Extenders 1.4x II and 2x II.

Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6
    Lens Construction 17 elements in 14 groups
    Diagonal Angle of View 24° - 6° 10'
    Focus Adjustment Rear focusing system with USM
    Closest Focusing Distance 1.8m/ 5.9 ft.
    Zoom System Linear extension Type
    Filter Size 77mm
    Max. Diameter x Length, Weight 3.6" x 7.4", 3.1 lbs. / 92mm x 189mm, 1,380g