MC3 jeffreaux2 style....

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited February 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge has caught me at a very bad time. I have been working 12 hour nightshifts/7 nights a week for the last several weeks and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Un fortunately, since 9/11 we are not allowed to photograph inside the facility where I work either. It seems that unless something changes in my current schedule I will not be able to shoot for the MC3. I do have a shot planned, but it may take a few weeks....or more...to execute it and share it.

I will have time to vote though....and wish all other competitors the best of luck. I will be following as closely as I am able.:thumb

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 19, 2009
    aww Jeff! Thats a real bummer. I always like your entries but will look forward to seeing what your planned shot is when you do have time to do it. I know its not easy to get away sometimes to go out and shoot a great shot. Takes more than just pointing and shooting. Just don't work too hard ok?
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    This challenge has caught me at a very bad time. I have been working 12 hour nightshifts/7 nights a week for the last several weeks and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Un fortunately, since 9/11 we are not allowed to photograph inside the facility where I work either. It seems that unless something changes in my current schedule I will not be able to shoot for the MC3. I do have a shot planned, but it may take a few weeks....or more...to execute it and share it.

I will have time to vote though....and wish all other competitors the best of luck. I will be following as closely as I am able.thumb.gif

Awwww.... sorry to hear that you've been swamped (although hope it's good news as far as overtime in your pocket!!).

Look forward to the next round of Jeffreaux shots, whenever they may be thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    That stinks!
    But I bet all the MC3 shooters are doing a little happy dance right about now... you just took their stiff competition down a notch.

rolleyes1.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    aww Jeff! Thats a real bummer. I always like your entries but will look forward to seeing what your planned shot is when you do have time to do it. I know its not easy to get away sometimes to go out and shoot a great shot. Takes more than just pointing and shooting. Just don't work too hard ok?

Well....it is still dark when my shift ends, so I am sure I could just go grab a nigh time cityscape or something, but....it wouldn't be the image in my head. For THAT image, I need another human being, and preferably female. I actually have my daughter in mind.

You know how it is....once an idea is in your head....:D

Anyway....

I d rather not just go grab an image......and would like to see if I can pull off what I have visualized.....but it will have to wait awhile.

Best of luck to you in the judging!....and voting rounds!!thumb.gif
    edited February 20, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Awwww.... sorry to hear that you've been swamped (although hope it's good news as far as overtime in your pocket!!).

Look forward to the next round of Jeffreaux shots, whenever they may be thumb.gif

Financially....yes....its great.

Creatively.....it pretty much sucks!mwink.gif

....but it is what it is.....

Ill be Back!:D
    edited February 20, 2009
    That stinks!
    But I bet all the MC3 shooters are doing a little happy dance right about now... you just took their stiff competition down a notch.

rolleyes1.gif

Arent you full of compliments today!

Seriously.....I think the shooters involved are very well capable of ratcheting each others tension up without my contribution....as they are all very capable photographers.

Heck...I was lucky just to make the list!:D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    I'm sorry to hear your work schedule won't allow you to get the shot you want. But are you 100% sure you won't be able to shoot something? Even something staged indoors? headscratch.gif
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    I am really looking forward to seeing what you have envisioned (sp) I'm sorry you don't have time to do it before the end of the challenge though.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    i think if i had a image to enter it would have been done by now. i only see my schedule even more busy now than last week... so, im right there with ya Jeff.....

even if i shoot something, my post processing will be greatly minimized....

i have an idea... but it involves too many variables to make it work....

(i hope you come up with something, i really enjoy your style... )
    just enter, i will do my best to add one also...we both can then claim lack of time issues
    Aaron Nelson
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 20, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Well....it is still dark when my shift ends, so I am sure I could just go grab a nigh time cityscape or something, but....it wouldn't be the image in my head. For THAT image, I need another human being, and preferably female. I actually have my daughter in mind.

You know how it is....once an idea is in your head....:D

Anyway....

I d rather not just go grab an image......and would like to see if I can pull off what I have visualized.....but it will have to wait awhile.

Best of luck to you in the judging!....and voting rounds!!thumb.gif

I hear you on the image in the head thing. I do that so much...and I cannot settle on anything else till I get the shot I have in my head done or at least attempted!