Playing with the new heavy equipment

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited February 21, 2009 in Holy Macro
I tried this lens,(AF-s VR Micro Nikkor 105mm), when I bought my D90 and knew I couldn't resist getting this one. So after the prices jumped I was really bummed. But after some scrambling around the internet I found a new/used one on amazon and snapped it up as the prices of the deals are quickly creeping up to match the old new lens price. This price hike sucks for the budding Nikonowhore.

Here are a few test shots of some stuff in the kitchen last night. The depth of field is amazing up close at wide open. I think the lens is a keeper.

477205115_Jt3ko-XL.jpg

477205075_DZn6g-XL.jpg

477204978_ai3NM-XL.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Good start with the new lens - you've obviously found out about the narrow DOF you get in macro shots.
    Brian V.
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Yes the DOF is amazing. The closer you get the narrower it is. I can't handle 2.8 yet. It is so narrow it is impossible to focus without a tripod. Here are a few shots of some Box Elder bugs that are so plentiful in Utah. I don't know what these bugs do. They don't seem to eat anything except each other. They like to hang out in the sun too. ne_nau.gif

477756839_sQVwc-L.jpg

477756915_Bo7hE-L.jpg
  • lispottlispott Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Very good, I especially like the bugs. Lisa
    Create an image, leave a legacy!

:ps