Options

Trying to like shadows...beware self portraits of middle aged chick..:)

2»

Comments

• Options
    WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    Sorry that it took me a while to get back to this...been busy. I too pulled your original image and retouched it. Here's my take. I removed any of what I thought were distractions so that the focus is on your face. I also cropped the original image just to see how it would look. Hope you don't mind the retouch.

483666479_G6QL5-L.jpg

Thanks Ed! I like it! what are your processes? You made an old lady look like a young chick! Thanks!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Thanks Ed! I like it! what are your processes? You made an old lady look like a young chick! Thanks!

I happy you like it. I liked your lighting, which is what allowed me to produce the final image.

I do all of this by hand in CS3. Here's some of the tools that I used...all that I can remember anyway. First I set up the exposure...in this case using Level sliders...then I look at how the light falls across the face, and then using the clone tool, or healing brush, usually both...I remove shadows and blend the light...so that there are smooth transitions from light to dark.

Other tools used are; dodge and burn, hue and sat., selective blur to blend...clone tool, lasso tool...feathered for effect...I cloned the catch light in one eye and placed it in the other eye using the patch tool. Really, that's about it...just repeat until you are satisfied.

I know this isn't much, but since I don't use a lot of plug-ins and other programs...to do everything automatically...that's about all I can tell you. Well, other than having a very attractive model to start with.

Look for portrait retouching tutorials on the Internet. Hope this helps.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed