Warhammer 40K

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited February 21, 2009 in Holy Macro
A co-worker/friend plays this game. Yeah I know...NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D j/k

Russell paints all of his own figures. Last week he asked me if I would photograph part of his collection. Of course I was excited to do it. This would give me another chance to use my DIY ghetto lightbox. :clap First, I used my Sigma 20mm. It has a 6" minimum focusing distance. The results were poor...IMO. So I called up a fellow photographer and asked to borrow her 100mm Macro lense.

WOW! I've never used a macro lens before, and I was excited about the results. Not the best in the world, but I was happy because it was my first time. Needless to say, I went a little overboard and photographed 21 figures/ vehicles/robots!:thumb It was so much fun!!!!

There are other players interested in hiring Russell to paint their WH40K figures. All he wanted was a few jpegs he could show online...instead this is what I gave him. Be sure to check out the last section "Size Reference". These things are tiny.

I know I should post photos instead of links to get a better response, but to be honest...I didn't know what to post.
http://www.gametimephotos.com/upload/bloodraven/

I'd like to get your feedback on the photography.
Thanks,
-Sonny

Comments