Options

baby osprey, good

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 25, 2005 in Wildlife
23047359-L.jpg

23047366-L.jpg

g

5/25/2005
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    You did a nice job on the last one. Pretty sharp.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Thanks so much, Greaper, again, for looking and commenting. The last one is a direct crop of the one before.

Basically there are only two photos up there. I would take the first one down, I just don't know how. (I did delete the first one and the crop from it.)

I had to shoot that across a highway and way up a pole. With a 300 and two extenders, hand held. The window was not working well for me. May have had something to do with the dogs who were trying to climb in my lap. I did take as many photos as possible, chimping to do it. But the baby birds were hidden most of the time. Basically this is the cleanest one. And speaking of that, I do see that I missed, or forgot, to clean the sensor spots. I will.

Thanks so much for looking and commenting, and I know I am repeating myself, but I do appreciate it.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    With a 300 and two extenders, hand held. {snip}.... And speaking of that, I do see that I missed, or forgot, to clean the sensor spots. I will.

ginger

good demo of why reach in birding is so critical! i was gonna say "clean yer sensor" but you know that already :D

thanks for posting!
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Hey Ginger,

Congrats on thoose osprey chick pics. Those are the first I've seen here. Good work on a tough capture.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Got some good reach and good shots out of it.
    Did you say Handheld ?? :wow

That really looks like an big nest :D
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Wow. thumb.gif That is awesome Ginger, you must be so happy you saw these and got shots. Great effort! clap.gifclap.gif

AJ