I am hoping I did it well?! What do you think?:dunno
476973452_9hRK4-M.jpg
Ask not, for it will come to you...

My Site: Family Pictures Photography

Comments

• kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Timmyster,

Nice photo, beautiful model. I'm not familiar with clamshell lighting. Do you mind explaining what it is?

~Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    KDS, bright light up top, reflector below, model between the two. Resembles a "clamshell". I like this shot Tster!
  • timmystertimmyster Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Thanks! Your comments are felt whole heartedly. I have another open model shoot on the 28th of Feb. and will post more pics. thumb.gif
    Ask not, for it will come to you...

My Site: Family Pictures Photography
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    You could do better-- for starters follow the rule of thirds with her eyes and get them up in your frame. Or crop. Also, get your model to open her lips a bit so she doesn't look so tense.

Don't mean to sound harsh but try these tips out and I'll bet you'll be impressed.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    a couple things I dont like about this picture that you could work on.

-Tattoo: get rid of it, or show all of it...
    -Eyes: her hair is down in her left eye... watch out for that, unless you wanted that look.
    -The Pose: I doubt that the model is really fat, so if you're going for this crop, I would have her shoulders back instead of leaning forward.

What I like about this picture:

-Her eyes look beautiful
    -The lighting is a little bright for my taste, but it looks good.
    - the hair (other than whats poking her eye out :D) looks good.

overall I'd say Good Job man! thumb.gif especially for a first try.
    Jer
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Thanks for explaining the setup - hadn't heard of this technique until now thumb.gif

My nit: I can see the actual *shape* of the softbox in the highlight on her forehead. NOt sure if this means that she needed more powder or the light was a little high, but fwiw....

Lovely shot otherwise though!

Edited to change type: not "power" but powder :D
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Thanks for explaining the setup - hadn't heard of this technique until now thumb.gif

My nit: I can see the actual *shape* of the soft-box in the highlight on her forehead. Not sure if this means that she needed more power or the light was a little high, but fwiw....

Lovely shot otherwise though!

I was just about to say the same...lightbox on the forehead. And, why so much red in your model's skin tones. CS3 says she has twice the magenta as yellow. Magenta 30 and yellow 15...in some places...it changes as you cursor over her face...but lots of magenta. Sunburn...natuarally reddish complexion. I did a maternity shoot where the expectant mother laid out by the pool the day before the shoot and got a nice sunburn.

Another thing you might want to try...have her sit up...she appears to be hunched over...and that is a lot of shoulder flesh. Sitting up would minimize that...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed