Hand-held, indoor track, panned shots

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited February 22, 2009 in Sports
Here are a few panned shots taken at the Rhode Island's Divisional Championship on 2/13. Very slow shuuter speeds were used and interestingly I have much more success panning with my 70mm-200mm than my 24mm-70mm, It just feels more comfortable and that makes the panning action smooth.

Enjoy.

471884595_Msj7A-M.jpg
471851416_oFAkd-M.jpg
471845773_UWzVP-M.jpg

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Really like the first 2 shots. Nicely done. The third shot not as much because of the small amount of the frame he fills up and the runner closer to you is more of a distraction because he fills up more of the frame than your subject. Still, the panning technique worked well.
  • SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    A blurry agreement
    I can't disgree with you but there was something abstract that I like about the 3rd shot that probably just appeals to me ( I have hundreds lke the first two shots and decided to add something different) - I think I like that fact that in mass of blur the second place runner is dipping over the line. I wont rationalize it too much, I just like it - but technically the 1st two are good specimens.

On a technical note, I thought the LaSalle sprinter (this was a 45M dash) would win, hence why he was my point of focus. Good job I don't bet on the horses!!!

I appreciate the feedback

George,
    johng wrote:
    Really like the first 2 shots. Nicely done. The third shot not as much because of the small amount of the frame he fills up and the runner closer to you is more of a distraction because he fills up more of the frame than your subject. Still, the panning technique worked well.