Ruby Beach

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in Landscapes
took a little trip out to the coast yesterday - well, 3-1/2 hours each way probably isn't a "little" trip, but i needed to get out of the house - and got some photos at Ruby Beach, which is about 35 miles south of the town of Forks, where the movie "Twilight" was set. 5D, 24-135 at 24mm, various exposures... the first two were tweeked in Photomatix to even out the exposure a bit...

IMG_6547smhdr.jpg

IMG_6506smhdr.jpg

IMG_6657sm-1.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Pretty nice set here. I think the Photomatix PP adds just a bit of crispness to the photos but is very natural (I wouldn't have suspected it otherwise).

I really like #3 but would have preferred a slightly longer exposure to smooth out the ocean water just a tad more.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    I keep seeing photos from this area, got to look it up on a map. I know many, many years ago we traveled the coast but I don't remember the names of the towns. I know we went to Canon Beach and I know I loved that area, but I'm not sure how far north we were in Washington State. Since I'm in the middle of scanning old family photos I'm sure they will show up in one of the 15 or so boxes I have...

I really like the red starfish in the first photo, and I like the last one just as it is.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Dee, as you travel north on highway 101, Ruby Beach is about halfway up the Washington coast, a couple of miles past Kalaloch. the highway runs right next to the coast for about 20 miles, and Ruby Beach is just before it turns back inland.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    scole wrote:
    Pretty nice set here. I think the Photomatix PP adds just a bit of crispness to the photos but is very natural (I wouldn't have suspected it otherwise).

I really like #3 but would have preferred a slightly longer exposure to smooth out the ocean water just a tad more.

I agree with scole, great looking set. I like the 3rd shot the best but it looks like you might have some noise in the darker spots that needs a little adjustment.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    I am a sucker for long exposures and #3 is great! I would suggest running it through noise ninja though due to the noise in the dark spots...
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Some really great images from one of my favorite spots along the coast. All of them are nice and it's hard to pick one over the other.

Other than the noise problem, a job well done.
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    These are scrumptious clap.gif