big skies (infrared pics)

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited May 17, 2004 in Holy Macro
as i got off of my train the other evening, i looked up and saw some gorgeous big skies ;-) so naturally, i did a detour on the way home, and headed over to a favorite spot on the hudson river. i used a hoya r72 on my ir-modified 828 (*). weather conditions - winds about 30 miles per hour.

1/320th sec, f/2.5. in post, b&w conversion, selective color blacks, contrast and levels adjustments.

3788641-M.jpg

1/80th sec, f/2.5 in post, b&w conversion, selective colors, contrast, levels, and two separate toning layers applied with different layer blending and opacities.(**)

3788642-M.jpg

(*) maxmax ir modificaiton explained here

(**)toning in post explained here

enjoy (getting home late becuase you stopped to shoot) photography, :andy

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    As usaual Andy, great stuff!
  • hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    Again,

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Hutch
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2004
    Thanks for the tutorial, Andy, made me play with Selective Color for the first time. It has promise. mwink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks for the tutorial, Andy, made me play with Selective Color for the first time. It has promise. mwink.gif

cool, let's see some pitchas! thumb.gif
    edited May 17, 2004
    andy wrote:
    cool, let's see some pitchas! thumb.gif

Not as you might have intended, I used black to emphasize the lines around the seating. *sigh* I have so far to go.

4059144-M.jpg]
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Not as you might have intended, I used black to emphasize the lines around the seating. *sigh* I have so far to go.

4059144-M.jpg]

i like this pic. want to have some fun with it? get me a bigger version to play with (800 px on the longest side) .... if you want to that is...

andy
    edited May 17, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i like this pic. want to have some fun with it? get me a bigger version to play with (800 px on the longest side) .... if you want to that is...

andy

Yes, please. I've been struggling with it for a few weeks. There's something there, but I can't make it work. I would love to see what your creative mind comes up with.

Here's a link to the original.
    Sid.