born-again scrapbooker ;)

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited March 7, 2009 in People
Hiya Strangers! Have been pleasantly slow this winter, gosh, how I love the off-season! One of the things I am terrible about is doing something with my own photos. I have a "real" scrapbook for my four year old that is totally current up to 10 months old :rofl

Thanks to Heatherfeather for turning me on to the concept of digital scrapbooking from her awesome wedding albums! I spent about $25 for some backgrounds and notions used in these layouts created in CS4.

Most of these photos you've seen before, just wanted to share a few spreads I've gotten done for Harry's 2008 book in just one week! Can't wait to get these done and printed in a 10x10 flush mount!

477964262_yVeX4-L-2.jpg

477966520_FSE3T-L-1.jpg

477963866_aFcxV-L-2.jpg

4. (my personal fave)
477964123_YGLBf-L-2.jpg

ETA: http://www.weedsandwildflowersdesign.com/ and www.designerdigitals.com for digital scrapbooking components used here.
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Very nice, I like them all. My only suggestion is add another photo in the middle of #4. There is a lot of dead space to attract the eye.clap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Very nice, I like them all. My only suggestion is add another photo in the middle of #4. There is a lot of dead space to attract the eye.clap.gif

Very nice job. I have been doing digital scrapbooking for several years. Have gigs of "stuff", some bought, some I make myself. Lot's cheaper and faster on the computer than traditional way. Takes up a lot less room too. Don't know where you got your supplies but just off the top of my head http://www.scrapgirls.com is a very nice place. Lot's of overlays, textures, etc. as well as papers and elements.
    LadyTX
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Hey these are great! Glad to have "converted" you!
    And you did a great job with these.iloveyou.gif
    I just looove the photo of the little girl on #3 with the hand to the forehead... adorable! Simply adorable!

I used to do regular scrap booking for years.... and then I can insert all the regular excuses about lack of time and the mess and kids and stuff and you know what happened. But, my albums are some of my kids' most prized possessions. I am glad that you are making some for your little handsome guy to have!
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Thanks, guys! It has been so much fun, and like you said Heather, wayyyyy faster and I do NOT miss the insane amount of paper scraps rolleyes1.gif

THANK YOU! I can't believe I've been living under a rock for so long!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Nice! If I wasn't so busy it would make me want to start doing digital scrapbooks :)

I'll probably wait til I have my own kids and then kick myself into gear and give it a try (no plans yet on when the "own kids" thing is happening at this moment, so don't anyone get ideas about me popping babies just yet, lol)

Great job :)
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Sheesh that looks great. I remember seeing a few of these photos......some from #1 and of course the "city streets" shots. FWIW, I stand by the comment I made the first time I saw them.....the longish sleeves really add to the "cute" factor.

Nice work!thumb.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    WonderFun! :Dwings.gif
    edited February 24, 2009
    Thanks, Shima, Jeff & Angie!!!

Jeff, you definitely influenced my way of thinking, now that I look back I think it's cute, too! Especially since this year the arms are almost too short, he went through an insane growth spurt this winter!

Thanks for peeking, guys iloveyou.gif

Oh and Shima, I didn't even (re)discover my love for photography until I had my little bugger, so you're many steps ahead of the game there! I learned on my newborn, but you are going to be hitting the ground running. (you should see some of the shots I thought were amazing back then Laughing.gif!)
    Canon 5D MkI
  • lyttlevietlyttleviet Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    impressive. I really like your creativity.
    edited February 25, 2009
    lyttleviet wrote:
    impressive. I really like your creativity.

Thank you!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    These will be cherished for life Lynne. Very nice layouts and photo selections....they go hand in hand. Lovely work.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I REALLY love these. iloveyou.gif The layouts are awesome.

I started doing the smaller photo books a year or so ago to help keep the family up to date with how the munchkin is growing up. It's so much easier than the manual way I was doing it the few years before that. They love them and he loves to share them with his friends and classmates too.

Your kids are going to LOVE having these when they get way older and can share them with their own kids. :)

-- Lisa P.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    urbanaries wrote:
    Thanks, Shima, Jeff & Angie!!!

Jeff, you definitely influenced my way of thinking, now that I look back I think it's cute, too! Especially since this year the arms are almost too short, he went through an insane growth spurt this winter!

Thanks for peeking, guys iloveyou.gif

Oh and Shima, I didn't even (re)discover my love for photography until I had my little bugger, so you're many steps ahead of the game there! I learned on my newborn, but you are going to be hitting the ground running. (you should see some of the shots I thought were amazing back then Laughing.gif!)

Hehe... well my amusing thing about becoming a photographer is that I really got into it during college when I thought nature was the coolest thing since sliced bread to photograph... and I used to *hate* taking pictures of people, I thought I was just awful at it! Go figure, now I would prefer to take a photo of a person than a flower since I'll probably go back and look at the person photo more!
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I really love your layouts! They are the perfect mix of scrap elements and photos...seems like a lot of the time people have too much of one or the other. My favorite is #4 and I actually like the dead space!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Love every single one of them...especially the idea behind #1! Wish I had the patience (and time) to learn this. Great job and love your choice of colors, etc. on all of them. thumb.gif
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Okay, I'm a little naive about this whole digital scrapbooking... Do you print what you create and then put them into a book? Or have them made into an album? I'm totally fascinated, where do you start?!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe