Options

Need PS Help

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited February 22, 2009 in Finishing School
Please help me make Figure A
478008037_tjppG-O.png
Look more like Figure B
417185940_zAFSp-O.png

If you look closely at the 2nd image you'll see a border of sorts... not sure how to get that.
Also, if you look at the image in action here... http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/6055140_dwSjx#Downloads

you'll see the rounded corner is not as round on the 1st image...

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited February 22, 2009
    The quickest way to get these effects is by using layer styles. Use Inner Glow for the top and sides, and Inner Shadow for the bottom. You'll have to muck around a bit with the parameters for each effect to get them to your taste.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    The quickest way to get these effects is by using layer styles. Use Inner Glow for the top and sides, and Inner Shadow for the bottom. You'll have to muck around a bit with the parameters for each effect to get them to your taste.

I used the inner glow and inner shadow as you stated along with a gradient mask... what do you think?
    478067841_R5eVi-O.png

Updated page: http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/6055140_dwSjx#Downloads
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Not to change the subject your page looks awesome!

Another way to get a button image is to take a screenprint of the page or if you have a tool like Snagit use it to select just the area you want and copy it. Then paste the image into Photoshop, crop as needed, and save as gif, png, or jpg.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Not to change the subject your page looks awesome!

Another way to get a button image is to take a screenprint of the page or if you have a tool like Snagit use it to select just the area you want and copy it. Then paste the image into Photoshop, crop as needed, and save as gif, png, or jpg.

W/ Smugmug I can view and save their images directly to my computer. The problem arises when I want to change the color of the tab. I tried to simple fill the tab with the new color, but then I lose the "artistic" parts. So I just started from scratch.

As for the page... Thanks. Took a bit of work, but most of the code is straight from SM pages. I combined their 2 different versions of the tabbed help page and then added the guarantee tab my self (the guarantee content/ text comes mostly from SM).

Biggest issue is that I has to run the code out of the Custom Header box because the code is too long to fit in the albumDescription box.
    Hopefully SM will adjust that someday. But I was told they did not have the time to do that.