Options

Question for Mac users of Firefox

devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
I am hoping an experience Mac user can help me out. I am trying to locate a file from the Mozilla Firefox installation. The file in question is nsXmlRpcClient.js.

I read somewhere that it might be located in folder with a .app extension (or something like that) so the file browser doesn't recognise it as a folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David
David Parry
SmugMug API Developer
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    I use firefox occasionally
    devbobo wrote:
    I am hoping an experience Mac user can help me out. I am trying to locate a file from the Mozilla Firefox installation. The file in question is nsXmlRpcClient.js.

I read somewhere that it might be located in folder with a .app extension (or something like that) so the file browser doesn't recognise it as a folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David

but I did a search for the file and nothing showed up on my hard drive.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    if you right-click, or control click on the app, you can choose Show Package Contents. Firefox, the application is actually a package, with many pieces of the application inside. You will find it in the path:

Firefox>Contents>MacOS>components>nsXmlRpcClient.js
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 26, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    if you right-click, or control click on the app, you can choose Show Package Contents. Firefox, the application is actually a package, with many pieces of the application inside. You will find it in the path:

Firefox>Contents>MacOS>components>nsXmlRpcClient.js
    Thanks for try Dee :D

David,

ok...say I had an updated file...is it possible to write to this location ? Sorry but it has been years since I have really played around with Macs.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    Thanks for try Dee :D

David,

ok...say I had an updated file...is it possible to write to this location ? Sorry but it has been years since I have really played around with Macs.

Cheers,

David
    Sure it's possible. You may need to do it as a root user, I don't know.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2005
    If you edit the file I doubt that you'd be able to save it directly into the package, you'd have to save it to your desktop and then drag it in. And of course you should work on a backup, since you could hose the app by changing the file.
    Moderator Emeritus