Mega-Challenge #3: Image Opinions

angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just searching for opinions regarding my image here. Does it work? Does it not work? thoughts appreciated.

Oh, and title suggestions????

tom

478418826_MexL6-M.jpg
tom wise

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Awesome image, but I don't get the connection to "night" though. headscratch.gif
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Awesome image, but I don't get the connection to "night" though. headscratch.gif

Important note for the theme!! Thanks!
    tom wise
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

I agree.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
    edited February 22, 2009
    Karrie McD wrote:
    I agree.
    Thank you both for your opinions!!

I was worried what opinions would be. I think I have a habit of being a bit vague and viewing the symbols around me.

I had hoped to convey the connection to night by virtue of the Stars on the American Flag, as well the Star Spangled Banner was written about a nighttime event. Also, the night vision scope (over left eye) with crosshatch was hoped to be seen but not overpowering.

Any other opinions are welcomed, as well as critiques!

thanks again,

tom
    tom wise
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    I like where you're going with that. I got the night vision right away (though I think the cross hatch needs to be nudged slightly more to the right to fit the eye), but I can see how the symbols are very subtle. What if the whole thing was seen through night vision? Like, take out the crosshatch from the eye and recolor the whole image to seem as though it's seen through the whole lens (with an enlarged cross hatch)?

Hmm. I may not be giving you good help lol. Sowee =(
    edited February 22, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    I like where you're going with that. I got the night vision right away (though I think the cross hatch needs to be nudged slightly more to the right to fit the eye), but I can see how the symbols are very subtle. What if the whole thing was seen through night vision? Like, take out the crosshatch from the eye and recolor the whole image to seem as though it's seen through the whole lens (with an enlarged cross hatch)?

Hmm. I may not be giving you good help lol. Sowee =(
    Oh, thats plenty good help and very much appreciated. I did envision changing it to look as you suggested but was very aware it could look as though The flag/soldier, etc were in someones sights....

The suggestion on the cross hairs or crosshatch is a good one!

thanks, tom
    tom wise
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

Me too, I'm afraid - it took reading your explanation for me to "get" it. Neat image, though!
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    Oh, thats plenty good help and very much appreciated. I did envision changing it to look as you suggested but was very aware it could look as though The flag/soldier, etc were in someones sights....

Yea, I was on my way home driving when I was thinking, "That's probably not the theme he's trying for."
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Great idea! The night scope though bothers me a little. I'm not exactly sure what is being seen. I also think that it also needs to be a little brighter (for realism).clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
    edited February 23, 2009
    Great idea! The night scope though bothers me a little. I'm not exactly sure what is being seen. I also think that it also needs to be a little brighter (for realism).clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks to all! After the forum being down last night...I just called it and went to bed. This Morning I did manage to get an image uploaded....

Thanks again, tom
    tom wise