Film SLR vs. DSLR

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited May 5, 2004 in Cameras
Well I want to take classes through the local college here for photography and one of the requirements was an SLR camera. So I went and got a Canon Rebel 2000 35mm. Great camera and I love shooting it so far (just need more glass) and well it has really put my lovely A80 to shame today shooting airplanes that looked like they were about to crash at work today. Problem is I can't see the results till I have them developed. How depressing lol. Well the A80 is still a great camera all I can say is damn I forgot how much faster a film slr was. My question is how does the 10D or even Digital Rebel compare to a film SLR for speed. Now I wanna go out and spend another grand at least on a DSLR lol. I hate having to wait for film developing and paying for film and processing argh.
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited May 5, 2004
    Well I want to take classes through the local college here for photography and one of the requirements was an SLR camera. So I went and got a Canon Rebel 2000 35mm. Great camera and I love shooting it so far (just need more glass) and well it has really put my lovely A80 to shame today shooting airplanes that looked like they were about to crash at work today. Problem is I can't see the results till I have them developed. How depressing lol. Well the A80 is still a great camera all I can say is damn I forgot how much faster a film slr was. My question is how does the 10D or even Digital Rebel compare to a film SLR for speed. Now I wanna go out and spend another grand at least on a DSLR lol. I hate having to wait for film developing and paying for film and processing argh.
    I have a 10D and I have an EOS 3 35 mm film body - I think they are very comparable in focusing speed. The EOS 3 might be little faster in dim light - I used both cameras in New Mexico in March - shot Velvia 100 with the EOS 3. I have used almost none of the film images - I think they are not as good as the digital images from the 10D -
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2004
    well pathfinder and anyone else who has the 10D body when you are ready to upgrade let me know lol.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited May 5, 2004
    well pathfinder and anyone else who has the 10D body when you are ready to upgrade let me know lol.
    I'll keep you in mind - but I have no plans to divest the 10D currently.... sorry.............icon10.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin