Feathers

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in Holy Macro
Hi all!
I went out today and ran across these duck feathers. Funny ,I have probably stepped over dozens of them lately, but these caught my eye. Could I get some opinions please?
Thanks!!

478723234_DfGkH-XL.jpg

478703219_EQ8Bb-XL.jpg

Comments

• Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Can't really find the focal point in either. and both seem a little over exposed. #2 there seems to be some weird blue stuff going on. don't know if it's flowers or what, but it seems a bit distracting for me. There seems to be some cool patterns in the feathers between the light and dark areas, maybe just making those more prominent?
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Hi all!
    I went out today and ran across these duck feathers. Funny ,I have probably stepped over dozens of them lately, but these caught my eye. Could I get some opinions please?
    Thanks!!

I'm wondering if you actually got too close to these with your camera ?
    Neither appears to be in focus, they are both smack in the middle of the frame.

I like the patterns in the first Feather... need to work on your composition more, maybe not get so close.

I worry if I see feathers in my backyard, usually means the cat managed to catch a bird eek7.gif

Good luck with your feather shooting, they are not easy subjects to shoot usually without having to stage them. thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Can't really find the focal point in either. and both seem a little over exposed. #2 there seems to be some weird blue stuff going on. don't know if it's flowers or what, but it seems a bit distracting for me. There seems to be some cool patterns in the feathers between the light and dark areas, maybe just making those more prominent?

The blue was tiny tiny flowers. I tried to get them in a separate shot, but they were too small for my little camera to get. Thanks for the idea's. I will try working on the background a bit to see if I can get it less distracting.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    I'm wondering if you actually got too close to these with your camera ?
    Neither appears to be in focus, they are both smack in the middle of the frame.

I like the patterns in the first Feather... need to work on your composition more, maybe not get so close.

I worry if I see feathers in my backyard, usually means the cat managed to catch a bird eek7.gif

Good luck with your feather shooting, they are not easy subjects to shoot usually without having to stage them. thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D

I may have. It was hard to tell yesterday with the sun so bright. I am just not able to get down on the ground to see it as well as I would like. Well, I might could, but would I be able to get up again?? Laughing.gif
    The feathers were actually at a lake my brother and I went to yesterday. We had both thought of it the same day and thought maybe that was a good omen. As you can see I was reduced to shooting feathers, not much out there yesterday. But the duck is fine. This was just one he lost ans I found. I did bring them home, so maybe I will practice a bit.
    Thanks, Donna