Ivy Lax Season Begins!!

KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
edited March 7, 2009 in Sports
Here are a few from Brown at Lehigh. There were only two photogs on the field -- me and the head photographer from US Lacrosse Magazine -- boy was I outgunned! Great fun though, and except for that pesky low winter sun (hence backlighting issues at all times), a great day for shooting.

478609461_UcGjf-L.jpg

478589412_6MVBU-L.jpg

478594526_wjXc5-L.jpg

478611664_vCfnS-L.jpg

478617334_bFECZ-L.jpg

478623700_GNKx4-L.jpg
This is the crucial insurance goal in the last two minutes. You can see how deep the shadows are (at about 2:30 EST) -- this shot is PP'd like crazy and still looks dark.

C&C invited.

Comments

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Nice shots.

I suppose the player in shot #4 was going through those contortions in an effort to stay out of the crease?

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    Nice shots.

I suppose the player in shot #4 was going through those contortions in an effort to stay out of the crease?
    More or less; that's just the finish of his classic scoring move, rolling around from behind, although he's usually more horizontal at the end l than in this shot. One great thing about shooting the same team regularly, as you well know, is that you learn the individual players' "move", making it easier to anticipate the shot -- his, and yours.
  • hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    It's great to see your shots up again! These are a great start to the season and best of luck to your Brown son and his team this season!
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    These are all great shots!! As all of yours normally are!! You Lax shooters are definitely giving me a great education. That is awesome your son plays for Brown, best of luck to him.
    edited February 23, 2009
    That is awesome your son plays for Brown, best of luck to him.
    That's very nice of you, thank you. Just like last year, he is starting out the regular season injured, and he wasn't even AT the Lehigh game.:cry He'll be back though.
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Great work. The combination of white and dark brown jerseys must have been tough to get the exposure right. However, they all look real good even with the tough sun.
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote:
    Great work. The combination of white and dark brown jerseys must have been tough to get the exposure right. However, they all look real good even with the tough sun.
    Thanks Will. Yep, pretty tough conditions considering that it was a brilliantly sunny day. Thank goodness for Camera RAW.
  • MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Very nice shots!

I wnat to shoot some LAX!
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
    edited March 7, 2009
    MDalby wrote:
    Very nice shots!

I wnat to shoot some LAX!
    Thank you! Lax has really taken hold in Colorado, so you shouldn't have a problem finding shooting opportunities at all levels. Interestingly enough, Denver is at Brown tomorrow; Denver has a good program and beat us at (their) home last year.