Options

intersting shipping times

sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I orderd several 8x10s from BayPhoto on Monday. For some reason, they shipped six of them on Tuesday through UPS and one of them Wednesday via USPS. I was impressed with the turnaround time and thought it was strange that they sent one the next day, it wasn't even the single metallic ordered.
The interesting thing is that I got the one sent a day later via USPS on Saturday and the original package sent via UPS isn't scheduled to be delivered until Tuesday!
FWIW, they're being mailed to Delaware.

Question is, is this normal? If it is, why can't I ship via USPS? If I remember correctly, the USPS option was taken away from pro orders due to delays in shipping (7-14 days). This was sent via Priority Mail.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    We'll check - can you give us the order #?
    We're working out a few shipping issues, this may've been one of them.

Anne McBean will reply back sometime on Monday okay?
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We'll check - can you give us the order #?
    We're working out a few shipping issues, this may've been one of them.

Anne McBean will reply back sometime on Monday okay?

Thanks for the quick reply, Andy. I'm not worried about it, just thought it was intersting that USPS wasn't an option and they were four days faster.

The order number was 896006.

Sam
  • Options
    blackshadowblackshadow Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    I'm concerned about whether a couple of my orders that were placed by clients on Feb 12 have shipped - they are the first I have done with Bay Photo - both are still showing up as "Processing & Printing".

The order #s are 891403 and 891624 - have they shipped? If they haven't why the delay?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    I'm concerned about whether a couple of my orders that were placed by clients on Feb 12 have shipped - they are the first I have done with Bay Photo - both are still showing up as "Processing & Printing".

The order #s are 891403 and 891624 - have they shipped? If they haven't why the delay?
    I don't know why it's not showing as shipped, we'lll look into that. They shipped on the 13th, you chose USPS AirMail Letter, this can take up to 3 weeks, via US Postal Service then local mail in Oz.

It's usually much faster though.
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    sellis wrote:
    I orderd several 8x10s from BayPhoto on Monday. For some reason, they shipped six of them on Tuesday through UPS and one of them Wednesday via USPS. I was impressed with the turnaround time and thought it was strange that they sent one the next day, it wasn't even the single metallic ordered.
    The interesting thing is that I got the one sent a day later via USPS on Saturday and the original package sent via UPS isn't scheduled to be delivered until Tuesday!
    FWIW, they're being mailed to Delaware.

Question is, is this normal? If it is, why can't I ship via USPS? If I remember correctly, the USPS option was taken away from pro orders due to delays in shipping (7-14 days). This was sent via Priority Mail.

Sam

Hi Sam,

It looks like the one print that shipped the next day was from EZ Prints. The first set was from Bay Photo.

EZ Prints is located in Georgia so I'm guessing that's why USPS was so fast? Though, we've seen USPS take longer even to a different part of Georgia before. rolleyes1.gif

You paid for "3-5 business day shipping" and in this case, the USPS package was delivered after two business days. (It was actually delivered on the third day, a Saturday, which isn't actually a business day for anyone but USPS). The UPS package will be delivered on the fifth business day.

I hope that helps!

-Anne
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I don't know why it's not showing as shipped, we'lll look into that.

Currently, international orders shipped through Bay Photo aren't getting properly marked as shipped on the order page. They're on the case and we should have things fixed up soon!

Sorry for the confusion it caused...

-Anne
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2009
    AH HA, I think I changed one gallery to Bay and forgot to change the others (same wedding, different galleries for different parts of the day).

Thanks,
    Sam

AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hi Sam,

It looks like the one print that shipped the next day was from EZ Prints. The first set was from Bay Photo.

EZ Prints is located in Georgia so I'm guessing that's why USPS was so fast? Though, we've seen USPS take longer even to a different part of Georgia before. rolleyes1.gif

You paid for "3-5 business day shipping" and in this case, the USPS package was delivered after two business days. (It was actually delivered on the third day, a Saturday, which isn't actually a business day for anyone but USPS). The UPS package will be delivered on the fifth business day.

I hope that helps!

-Anne