Options

SOLD: Lowepro Flipside 200

t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited March 10, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
I've had this bag about 4 months, excellent condition. It has held my 50D w/ 17-55 attached and 2 additional lenses and all of my cables. Great bag! I did write my name and phone number on the inside zipper pouch, but I contacted Lowepro last week and ordered a new one, so it will be without the writing on it (see pics)

$40 with shipping. Paypal.

479937466_ADrtL-M.jpg479937476_JoVze-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    Hmm, this is very tempting. I just got the Slingshot 200AW not long ago and love it, but my one complaint is that I cannot get to my extra lenses without completely taking the pack off (though I can of course get to the camera). This pack looks like everything is accessible to you when you slide it around on the waste strap. Has that been your experience?

My concern would be that it's likely too small for me and that I'd be losing the all-weather cover. I sure would like to have that tripod holder though.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    I might be interested, what else might it be able to carry?
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    roarroar Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    It does look very small, and it really is on the outside, but it holds a surprising amount! The construction is excellent and I am very happy with it!

I have one in red for my D300 and I get the Body and five lenses - a 16-85mm, 20mm, 35mm, 50mm with one of them mounted, plus the 70-300mm stored...all without removing the Pouch at the top. I then pack it into a larger backpack with a small notebook computer and all my other "stuff" as an airline carry-on. Works great.

I have even considered a second one to organize a "walk-around" kit and a "low-light" indoor kit. The 80-200mm 2.8 is just too heavy to carry around all the time!

Any chance you could cancel the pouch and pass the cost savings on? I'd be interested!!!
    Thom

"There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept" - Ansel Adams (1902-1984)
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2009
    I have not used this much so I can't tell you how the waste strap works.

It does hold more than you'd think. I packed in my 50D, 17-55, 10-22, 28-135 at one point. More recently I had the 50D, 17-55, a bundle of cords, my Canon HF100 and a Tamron 70-300. The bag is nice and compact, I've actually packed it inside my North Face backpack along with my laptop.

I originally listed it at $45 and then immediately lowered it to $40, I'd like to get $40 for it. They are giving me the replacement pouch for free.
  • Options
    FotoMikeFotoMike Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I wonder if you would be willing to share with us a picture of what it looks like all packed up with your gear?
  • Options
    amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I think an image with your gear in it is the way to go. It would help with visualizing the size of the bag.
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]

• Options
    edited February 26, 2009
    Here it is.....

50D w/ 17-55 and 430EX attached.
    Canon HF100 Camcorder
    The pouch is holding 4 cords, WhiBal card, 2 SD cards, 1 CF card
    I just sold off the last of my other lenses, but you can see that it would 3 more lenses w/out the camcorder or one longer lens and one smaller. All of the pockets can be moved around to create the setup you need. The pouch is also removable if you wanted to put a gripped camera in. There is one additional divider not pictured.

I got the email from Lowepro on Tuesday that said they had shipped out the new inside pouch.

481274914_xg7Mz-M.jpg
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    Hmm, this is very tempting. I just got the Slingshot 200AW not long ago and love it, but my one complaint is that I cannot get to my extra lenses without completely taking the pack off (though I can of course get to the camera). This pack looks like everything is accessible to you when you slide it around on the waste strap. Has that been your experience?

I have a Slingshot 200AW and have been looking at getting a Flipside 400 (maybe next week at PMA) due to the larger load I'm carrying around now. Anyway, from my research, when sliding the Flipside around with waist strap attached, you will need to provide extra support, like sitting it on a table or using your leg to support it. This is different then the Slingshot where your upper body provides all the support. Oh, and I've never had any problems getting anything out of the Slingshot while it's on my body, lenses included. You've just got to learn how to work it.

For those who want pictures of the Flipside 200 showing what it's capable of holding, just go to www.cambags.com and find the reviews of the bag. There are several pictures from actual users showing how their gear fits inside.

I would consider purchasing the Flipside 200, but it is too small for my needs now. I do like the design where the part that you place against the ground does not end up touching your back afterwards. I do remember having to constantly wipe off my old backpack before putting it back on. The tripod holder included with the Flipside would be nice on long hikes as well.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    To give you a better idea of what a loaded one can look like...and for the Nikon shooters, my "very mobile" kit:

FlipSide200.jpgFlipside200kit.jpg

Yes, it all fits! The body will fit 90 degree from the way I have it. It creates a small lump against my back, but I would still do it if I needed the extra space.

The only issue I have found might be the lower part, where my 20mm is shown, can be difficult to get to because of the opening does not go down all the way. This is by design, I believe for strength. I find having the opening against my back very comforting when in crowds, such as the Paris Metro! I really do like this bag!

Hope this helps,

Thom
    wYG2nVgXDObm6vW28wWaWA?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjJhLKn4dTCcg&feat=directlink
    Thom

"There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept" - Ansel Adams (1902-1984)
  • Options
    alvinwitcheralvinwitcher Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    pm'ed
    www.flickr.com/alvinwitcher
    www.alvinwitcher.com
    Nikon D60 18-55mm, Tamron 70-300mm, SB-600
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2009
    SOLD: Lowepro Flipside $200
    sold
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2009
    Great...
    ...I hope the new owner likes it as much as I like mine!!!thumb.gif
    Thom

• Options
    amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Is it black or red?
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 5, 2009
    t-rev wrote:
    SOLD
    Still for sale. I received the new inside pouch yesterday from Lowepro. Prefer ConUS sale.
    Can you clarify, is this sold or not? headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 10, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Can you clarify, is this sold or not? headscratch.gif

Sorry for the confusion, it is sold.