New DSLR Announced

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited February 27, 2009 in Cameras
Olympus announced a new camera to fit between the E-30 and the E-520. It is the E-620. Looks pretty awesome to me. Swivel screen, 12mp, 4fps, etc.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1452

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited February 24, 2009
    Looks good. thumb.gif

I'm glad that Olympus is continuing to develop cameras, and they seem to be increasing in rate of development.

I do wonder when Oly will bring out their own version of the "Micro" camera? They already posted images of a prototype:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Olympus-MicroFT-Model.jpg
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    When I saw the specs on DPreview, I knew you'd like it Jonathan. :-) It looks like a nice solution, answering the request for a 400 series with a more professional innerworks. I could see this adding this to my setup as a second camera next to the E-3, so I can have a wide angle and a tele, ready to shoot, and have a smaller DSLR with petite lenses for occassions where a full blown camera bag is out of the question. Hmmm....
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    This is very tempting indeed. A camera more or less the size of my E-510 with a bigger VF, lots of nice new features and (I hope) without some of the E-510's limitations. The only thing it lacks for me is the electronic spirit level of the E-30.....
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    Well, I never did upgrade to the E-3. It was too big for my tastes. Also, the E-30 was a little bigger than I hoped. This E-620 looks like the perfect affordable solution for me. I am very excited. Saving for it already.wings.gif
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Mmmmmm.... I'm thinking of an impoverished (currently back in the life of a student) member of the family who'd appreciate a free E-510 dual lens kit..... Making the way for an E-620 (once I've saved).

That said, the Panasonic L1, Panasonic G1, Olympus E-510 (plus 4/3 lenses to use with all) and Panasonic LX2 are already more than enough gear for any mere mortal such as myself. I guess I'm in "see if I prosper or suffer in this downturn" mode at the moment.