Options

scaled Watermarking

sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
edited February 26, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to set the watermark to automatically appear in the lower right corner of an image as a certain percentage of the image size, regardless of the display size or landscape/portrait orientation?

Ideally, I would like a PNG "S.T. Skoutas © 2009" to show up in the lower right, approximately 20% of the size of the lower edge, and perhaps offset X pixels from the right edge and Y pixels from the bottom edge.

Possible? Thanks for considering.

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    Could you post a link to a gallery on where you've applied your watermark too so that we can take a look?
    The custom watermark you have at this point is set to 'bottom right' as the position. So how does it look?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2009
    Could you post a link to a gallery on where you've applied your watermark too so that we can take a look?
    The custom watermark you have at this point is set to 'bottom right' as the position. So how does it look?

Sebastian

dumb, dumb, dumb! I had a HUGE PNG file uploaded and set as a watermark, and I'm sitting here wondering why it spanned the entire image. I made a smaller one... it looks much better, but I still have a little tweaking to do. So sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

:flush

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
  • Options
    chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    sskoutas wrote:
    dumb, dumb, dumb! I had a HUGE PNG file uploaded and set as a watermark, and I'm sitting here wondering why it spanned the entire image. I made a smaller one... it looks much better, but I still have a little tweaking to do. So sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

:flush

Not a waste of bandwith... I use iWatermark on my mac for watermarking, and it allows adjusting the size and offset from the desired position. I always thought it would be nice if in addition to the opacity slider, Smugmug had a slider for size and offset.
  • Options
    darklightphotographydarklightphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Scaled watermarks
    sskoutas wrote:
    Is there a way to set the watermark to automatically appear in the lower right corner of an image as a certain percentage of the image size, regardless of the display size or landscape/portrait orientation?

Ideally, I would like a PNG "S.T. Skoutas © 2009" to show up in the lower right, approximately 20% of the size of the lower edge, and perhaps offset X pixels from the right edge and Y pixels from the bottom edge.

Possible? Thanks for considering.

Hi, what I do is create a watermark about 3000 pixels wide, with the watermark itself taking up the right hand half, the rest being transparent. Smugmug scales the whole watermark down to the image width, so if my image is 3000 pixels or less the watermark always takes up 50%.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2009
    Hi, what I do is create a watermark about 3000 pixels wide, with the watermark itself taking up the right hand half, the rest being transparent. Smugmug scales the whole watermark down to the image width, so if my image is 3000 pixels or less the watermark always takes up 50%.

smart!! Thank you