Below: Shoes in hand, hand in hand, Carolina Beach Weather

23122012-L.jpg

Below: The Pot Of Gold, The Rainbow Spilled: SPLAT Of Carolina Gold
(may need a slight boost of saturation)

23122030-L.jpg

Below: Morning Forecast, Soft and Gorgeous 23122016-L.jpg

Below: Sunny Day At The Beach

23121986-L.jpg

Do any of these say "weather" to you........all or any of you. Which one did your gut like first, for weather.

I know the cat is everyone's fave, but whether weather? That is a question, I kinda think it is a Morning Garden, Cat...

This is yesterday's catch. I am just pulling from my photos I take in my normal "working" day.

ginger comments, help, appreciated.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    My gut says the Carolina Beach Weather, couple walking on the beach.thumb.gif I still seem to be at a loss for this challenge, but it's like that in every challenge for me, it's hard to find something that really says WEATHERne_nau.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Actually ginge I like em all.. for the challenge I think the beach shot with the couple fits best ... love the flowers and the cat clap.gifclap.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Thanks, and thanks. I really would like to go take some photos, my body is saying "no". At least my "eyes" are.

My dogs have spent a lot of time in their crates. Not normal, but they are eating OK. I think I almost did us in with activity yesterday.
    May have more, may not. g
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    I like these pics, BUT none of them really say "weather" to me. I like Lynn's latest with the rain on the window. Now that says weather!

Please don't yell at me, Ginger.rolleyes1.gif I have also been having a tough time with this challenge. The weather here in Florida has been boring. Sunny, cloudless days on end. We should have postponed this challenge until well into hurricane season. Then I could have showed you all some weather!!

mitch
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    The couple on the beach is great! Not that I don't like the others, this one just has something different.
    edited May 26, 2005
    Mitchell, I am not going to yell at you.:D I do that when you don't expect it.

To me, all the entries say weather. Lynne's is just the most creative way of showing weather. That is just my take on it.

I am not working on the challenge per se, as you have kind of pointed out, it sometimes depends on the "weather".rolleyes1.gif . However everyone in the NE has been complaining about the rain, then Lynne does that twist on the raindrops on the windshield thing.

There are about three posted that really say weather to me. As far as creativity, but they all say weather, if you have any idea what I mean.

I am so tired, I could just .............go to sleep would be good. OUr weather is supposed to be wonderful til Sat, when we might have a shower....outside.
    right now it is a tad cloudy here, that either means dull, a bad forecast, or a glorious sunset.

I have an idea if I wanted to work on it..............damn, don't want to get pulled into that again. I will say, though, it does involve good weather. And Memorial Day weekend, it should be great for my idea. Not that it would necessarily be good.

But go outside and snap: weather. If you are breathing you have weather. Look at Lynn's horses. They are still breathing, or they were when she took the photo, and I liked her other one, too.

If you are no longer breathing, you have no weather, to worry about.

ginger

(Look at Andy's photos, only one, the umbrella, really shows weather, IMO. doG I am tired.)

Don't not enter because you can't find the perfect weather shot.......or make it, or whatever. How about Gubb's lightening, that is a goody. And the morning paper, that could not be better.

Mine are not that good, but they do need entries, or they used to.

And looked at another way, this is one way to get your photos seen.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Ginger, you really make me smile. After a rough day at work, I came home to read your inspiring message. I went out and tried to "make" my own weather as you suggested. I used a hose to make it rain. Pretty pathetic, but it got me smiling again after I doused the kids!rolleyes1.gif

Mitch
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    I like them all. clap.gif As a cat lover, number one pulls at my heartstrings, but I think for the weather challenge the "shoes in hand" shot is probably the best of this lot (though you have put up many wonderful possibilities in former posts -- I still think of the smiling alligator!) My personal fav of this set, though, is "morning forecast." Just gazing at the picture is a wonderful way to start the day! iloveyou.gif

Virginia

Email
    edited May 26, 2005
    Gosh, Mitchell, your weather looks like mine! I am glad you had fun with the kids and hose/rain and all.

I like these challenges as long as I am not working on them too hard. The only bad part is the day I don't make the finals, rolleyes1.gif . I had that beat for a long time, and I will get my attitude back again.

Virginia mentioned my smilin' gator shot. I might go back to that. To me, that guy says weather. I think that the Carolina Beach Weather is a good shot, but it is a cliche, too, IMO. Of course, with trying hard, it took me a year to get one like that, but it is still a serious cliche.

Probably will go back to the gator, wish I could jazz him up.

I just woke up, I could not stay awake, there was no way. So I am not all here yet. Have a good evening and a good Friday tomorrow. (I will have lots of guilt, we have a festival starting tomorrow at noon. I think I should shoot it, might get "weather", but I have always not wanted to go to that thing, very crowded, parking, etc. Finally I realized that at noon, the sun was not optimal for any kind of shooting, but I will feel guilty.)

ginger, smile.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    I like the couple at the beach the best. The gator was cool though. Now if you could paste some sunglasses on the gator now that would be even better!

Erich
    edited May 27, 2005
    The couple on the beach would be good for a brochure on tourism here, don't know what the gator:): would be good for.

g