Options

Trouble with forwarding to nickname@email.smugmug.com

tundracampertundracamper Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited March 24, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I set up my domain a few days ago to forward e-mails from upload@domain.com to nickname@email.smugmug.com. I am pretty sure I did it correclty as my other aliases forward to their respective accounts without any problems. Well, I can send a photo to nickname@email.smugmug.com with the correct password and the image goes into the email gallery. If I send the same image, with a different caption, same subject, to upload@domain.com, it never shows up in my e-mail gallery. Is forwarding not possible?

Comments

• Options
    chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    I set up my domain a few days ago to forward e-mails from upload@domain.com to nickname@email.smugmug.com. I am pretty sure I did it correclty as my other aliases forward to their respective accounts without any problems. Well, I can send a photo to nickname@email.smugmug.com with the correct password and the image goes into the email gallery. If I send the same image, with a different caption, same subject, to upload@domain.com, it never shows up in my e-mail gallery. Is forwarding not possible?

If when the mail is forwarded, the subject field changes at all, it will not go through. I doubt an auto forward would add "Fwd:" or something similar to the subject field, but that's my guess as to where things are getting hung up. Other than that I would defer to the smug experts.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 26, 2009
    That is correct. If the subject changes, it will fail.

I would recommend changing the destination temporarily to another email account. Send the email and see what changes may have been made. Look for changes to the subject line, or if the attachment is forwarded.

If everything is correct, then reset it to your upload address on SmugMug. Try it again. Be sure to keep the emails to send to us if the address fails again.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    tundracampertundracamper Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Update: I changed my forwarding address to also includ another address that I can access. The e-mail came through just fine, with the photo attached. However, the to: field listed the alias address and not the address for the accont that I was accessing. Could that be what is causing the problem - even though the e-mail arrived in the account?